Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Calendar not syncing as scheduled Options
jlaw
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 1:30:53 PM
Groups: Member

I use AstraSync solely for calendar synchronization on my Bold 9000 via BIS on AT&T.

Under "Sync Settings", only "Calendar" is checked. Under "Sync Schedule", Server peak and off-peak check is set to "Manually" and "Client calendar & contact check" is set to "1 hour".

AstraSync is correctly configured and running in the background. If I perform a manual sync, it works perfectly. However, it is not syncing hourly as it should be. In the debug log, I see hourly entries that say "[INFO] - (date) (time): CheckingPimChangesState: Checking for changes to events", but it does not synchronize any changes to my calendar. Again, manual syncs work fine.

Is this a problem with the software, or is this a case of the Sync Settings menu being misleading, or is it something else? Do I have to enable Server peak/off-peak checking in order for the program to check for calendar changes?
jlaw
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:15:25 PM
Groups: Member

After finding this post from Vicky, I think I have it figured out:

Quote:
There appears to be some confusion over the Sync Schedule. I hope the details below will explain what you are seeing.

The peak and off peak settings are for the server. Ie How often AstraSync connects to your email server to sync ALL collections (email, calendar and contacts)

The calendar and contact settings are for the client. Ie How often we look at all the items on your BlackBerry device to see if there are any changes. It is this function that is an expensive operation and as such is why there is this separate setting.

If I understand it correctly, I need to turn ON the peak/off-peak check, but I can turn OFF the client check if I don't do much/any modifying of my calendar from the device itself. If someone could confirm this, that would be great.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:20:54 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Yes, that is correct. I would advise that you set a peak to say every 15 minutes and off peak to manual. Depending on how often client side changes are made you could set this to manual or every hour if necessary.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com