Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Duplicate calendar items in Outlook and on device Options
ScaldedDog
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 7:46:38 AM
Groups: Member

When I receive a recurring meeting invitation with multiple attendees, I'm getting a single notification in my email, but the appointment appears two and sometimes three times on my calendar. I enable diagnostics this morning, got a meeting request that resulted in multiple calendar entries, then turned off diagnostics. Would someone at Astrasync take a look?

3.0.16 on a Storm running the .148 OS release. The same thing is happening on my coworker's Curve, though.

Thanks,

Mark
RT
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 9:23:34 AM

I am experiencing the same issue.
cmichetti
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 8:48:55 AM

Same issue here as well, triplicates of all appointments in the calendar on the phone, and seems to have also REMOVED some appointments from Outlook calendar.

Even tried Re-installing Astrasync 3.0.18. Running the new 4.0.7.148 update of the Storm
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 9:27:53 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

ScaldedDog, Please can you let us know your username and domain that you are using in AstraSync so that we can isolate your log files from the many we received over the weekend. You can email these details referencing this forum post to support@astrasync.com

For both RT and cmichetti,

Please can you go into Menu > Options > Diagnostic Settings. Select the option 'Enable Diagnostics'. Hit Menu > Save.

Receive a test recurring meeting invite with multiple attendees. Accept this or decline as you usually do. Check the calendar to see that the event has been duplicated. Wait another 10 minutes. Then go back into the Diagnostics Settings and turn off Diagnostics.

Once you have done this, email support@astrasync.com with your username and domain. Also in your email copy the link for this forum posting.

Please also let us know the BlackBerry model and OS you are using together with the server you are syncing against e.g Exchange 2003 or 2007

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
ScaldedDog
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 11:10:14 AM

Vicky, I've been working with Mike Henders on the phone, and he's seen the log. Do you still need my username and domain?

Mark
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 11:55:03 AM

Hi Mark, I can confirm that we have your log and are currently investigating. We will get back in touch with you in due course.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
RT
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:30:37 AM

Vicky Cwilewicz wrote:
ScaldedDog, Please can you let us know your username and domain that you are using in AstraSync so that we can isolate your log files from the many we received over the weekend. You can email these details referencing this forum post to support@astrasync.com

For both RT and cmichetti,

Please can you go into Menu > Options > Diagnostic Settings. Select the option 'Enable Diagnostics'. Hit Menu > Save.

Receive a test recurring meeting invite with multiple attendees. Accept this or decline as you usually do. Check the calendar to see that the event has been duplicated. Wait another 10 minutes. Then go back into the Diagnostics Settings and turn off Diagnostics.

Once you have done this, email support@astrasync.com with your username and domain. Also in your email copy the link for this forum posting.

Please also let us know the BlackBerry model and OS you are using together with the server you are syncing against e.g Exchange 2003 or 2007

Sorry for the late response but I am having problem with the initial sync completing now and need to know how I turn on diagnostics before the initial sync starts. If force exit and restart the wizard starts over again.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:24:56 AM

RT, It is not possible to enable the diagnostics till after the first sync has completed. As this issue is calendar specific try the setup just ticking email or contacts or both and NOT calendar. This should allow you to complete the setup.

You can then go and turn diagnostics on then go back to Sync Settings and enable the calendar.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com