Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

multiple calnder entries Options
ken.stringer
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:43:18 AM
Groups: Member

Have managed to reconnect using wm6 settings, however am now getting multiple calender entries. Initally syned 252 entries, this then became 504, then 1008 have stopped at 2016 as it duplicates everytime it syncs. This is going to take an age to clean up. Also need the ability to switch astrasync off, at present can either only switch off handset or delete astrasync.
ken.stringer
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:08:17 AM

Have now deleted astrasync again, reached 30 copies of each calender entry which I cannot it seems delete from exchange server now, kept copying when I switched handheld back on
ken.stringer
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 1:46:51 PM

Hi

has anyone got any suggestions, I tried the latest build to see if it addressed the difficulties. Log on was far easier, however a greater number of multiple calender entries have occurred, around 37000 of them a month stretching over 9 months which has now caused outlook to be unusable and web access very slow (and too close to limit for comfort). I have tried some of the the multiple entry removal tools with no success (they seem to get overwhlemed). How do I get out of this one? Thanks
cchecco
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 8:23:09 PM

I had the same issue. On any given day, I had 750 - 1000 calendar entries. I ran ODIR (http://www.vaita.com/ODIR.asp) which took all night to complete. I worked very well, although I did lose a couple of my 200+ calendar events erroneously. Good luck!
cchecco
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 8:26:08 PM

Is the duplicate calendar entry issues resolved in the latest release?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:55:46 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Ken, We shall be contacting you outside the forum via email to assist with this matter.

Cchecco, The latest version of AstraSync should prompt you when installed to ask if you wish to delete events on the phone if it finds these already present. Did you see this message? What actions did you do before the duplicates appeared? e.g upgraded etc

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com