Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Calendar items in past being deleted from exchange Options
tkaplan
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 7:00:43 PM
Groups: Member

Hi - I was a Blackberry pearl 8130 running v4.3.0.127. I recently began using astrasync, and I have noticed that almost all of my appointments on my outlook exchange calendar in the past are being deleted. Please help me get this to stop happening - I need to refer back to those!

thank you

tom
jahme
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 1:07:34 PM

I am having the same problem. I have to go to my deleted folder and move calendar items back to my calendar. I have Outlook 2007 on my laptop connected to an Exchange Server. I am running Astrasync Version 3.0.16.
jahme
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 5:53:24 AM

Anyone from Astrasync care to comment? Hello? Anybody home?

mike.henders
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 2:15:34 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

The native Calendar application has a setting to automatically delete events from the device which will also remove them from the server.

I don't have a 4.3 device handy but the following will work on a 4.5 device. Let us know if they don't work on 4.3.

Open the BlackBerry's Calendar Application.
Select Options
Select General Options
Scroll down to the Actions setting and the setting for "Keep Appointments".
Change this setting to Forever. When connected to an Exchange (or other ActiveSync server) the server should take of removing stale entries from the device.
Select Save.

Mike Henders
AstraSync Support
jahme
Posted: Tuesday, July 7, 2009 6:05:38 AM

The "Keep Appointments" setting was already set to "Forever". I have a Blackberry Bold but am unsure of the version number. If I go to "Settings" icon, and select "About", I see what appears to be the version number; v4.6.0.167 (Platform 4.0.0.217). If I select "Advanced Options", "Applications", I see the following:
BlackBerry 4.6 Core Applications - 4.6
BlackBerry 4.6 System Software - 4.6

Thanks.
jahme
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 4:06:46 PM

Any other ideas?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Friday, July 24, 2009 8:50:05 AM

Please can you confirm to us whether the appointments are being deleted off your BlackBerry as well as off the server or if they only appear to be deleted on the server itself.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
jahme
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:26:31 AM

They are deleted from both.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:27:47 AM

We apologise for the delay in responding. There are a few things that might be causing the behaviour you are seeing. To confirm if AstraSync or another application on the BlackBerry is removing the events we need to try to capture one of these removals.

If you have an unlimited data plan then we would suggest that you do the following. The logs need to continue to run until such a deletion has occurred. This will therefore include a data charge and thus this route is not advisable if your data plan is not unlimited.:

Please can you go into Menu > Options > Diagnostic Settings. Select the option 'Enable Diagnostics'. Hit Menu > Save.

Attempt then sync and wait for an event to be deleted on its own. Once you have noticed that you are missing this event please then wait then another 10 minutes. Then go back into the Diagnostics Settings and turn off Diagnostics.

Once you have done this, email support@astrasync.com with your username and domain. Also in your email copy the link for this forum posting. Please also let us know the event subject, date and time that was deleted on its own so that we can locate this in the log file.

Please also let us know the BlackBerry model and OS you are using.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
rtepper
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:12:10 AM

Was a resolution found for this? I have a customer who has the keep forever option selected and she is still having items deleted off of the blackberry.
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:09:30 AM

Hello rtepper,

This has been diagnosed as a device bug.
The device is still deleting appointments, even though they have been set to 'keep forever'.

AstraSync is then correctly syncing this change to your server.

As far as we are aware there have been no official bug fixes from RIM for this issue, but some other users have found that upgrading the OS on their device solved this.

Please check to see if there is a suitable OS upgrade for your device available. This will be documented on the device Service Provider's website.

Thank you,

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support