Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

fullday appointment's synced on wrong day Options
StWagner
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:30:57 PM
Groups: Member

Hello together,

i'm very confused this time, using AstraSync. Brick wall

If i add a appointment for a whole day on BlackBerry, it was synced to local calendar - but for 1 day earlier. Think
So, if i add a calendarentry for a whole day on BB for Jun/03 it was synced to local calendar for the Jun/02.

If i add a appointment for a part of the day (9 am - 10 am or anything else), it sync's correctly.
Also, if i add a calendarentry for the whole day or a part of the day in Outlook - the sync to BB is perfect.

So, what can i do to fix that? Any idea's?

Using CommuniGate and AstraSync 2.2.16

thanks for any reply
Steffen
Amit.Patel
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 11:16:11 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello Steffen

I suspect this is a problem with the server sending the wrong data to the client, rather than an AstraSync issue.

To confirm this please do the following:

-Turn on Diagnostics within AstraSync. Go to Menu > Options > Diagnostics Settings. Select 'Enable Diagnostics'. Hit Menu > Save.

-Create the appointment on the server for the whole day. Note the name of the subject and time/date.

-Hit Sync Now and ensure the appointment arrives on the BlackBerry.

-Turn off Diagnostics by unselecting 'Enable Diagnostics' then hitting Menu > Save.

Then email support@astrasync.com once you have done this, with a link to this forum posting. Also provide your username and domain that you use within AstraSync.

The Diagnostics will write data directly to our servers which will show us what is sent from the server to device.
Can you confirm what timezone your BlackBerry device is on? Also ask your IT administrator what the timezone is on the server running CGP.

Best Regards

Amit Patel
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
StWagner
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:16:52 PM

Hi Amit,

thanks for reply, i've made diagnostic sync. The email at support will be made in few seconds.
I have the problem on the direction BB->Outlook, so i have made the entry on BB and then the diagnostic sync.
The backway (Outlook->BB) works perfectly, thats the point why i'am very confused.

I've told to the IT-Administrator (it's me :-) ), the timezone on Server is EUROPE/ Germany (+0100) - same as BB.
CGP will say on preferencepage it is Timezone +0200, i don't know why. So, i have change the usertimezone to +0100 for test, with the same wrong result.

Thanks for any new ideas :-)
STEFFEN
Amit.Patel
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 2:48:48 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

We did a further test to find that a Windows Mobile Professional 6.1 device sends the exact same data to the server when creating this type of appointment. This supports our theory that the server is at fault (most likely email server setup). We suggest you contact the vendor to further assistance.

Amit Patel
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
StWagner
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 3:05:56 AM

Hi Amit,

thanks for your support and further tests.
I've told to CommuniGate and ask for comment.

There is a bug in current CGP-versions (up to 5.2.14) that appears this issue.
CommuniGate will fix this bug so far as they can. It should fixed in 5.2.15, but the developer can't confirm the fix, in next version, this time.

So i have to wait for an possible bugfix on CGP.

Thanks for your help!
STEFFEN