Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Error Message After Install[ERROR] - 10/21 21:51:16: Exception getting changes to PIM list Event List. Exception details: javax. Options
dover
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:13:04 PM
Groups: Member

I'm having difficulty syncing my calendar after initial install. At install, the calendar is synced. But, later changes are not being synched. The following error is in the debug log:

[ERROR] - 10/21 21:51:16: Exception getting changes to PIM list Event List. Exception details: javax.microedition.rms.InvalidRecordIDException: Event Store #1218

I have tried to reinstall the software with the same result each time. No problems with mail; it is syncing as new mails arrive. I have tried several test appointments in Outlook that never appear on the BB. I am using a Curve.

Thanks.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 5:31:34 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

We will be contacting you via email to investigate this issue.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
dover
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:09:38 PM

I was able to fix this problem by uninstalling the software and then reinstalling it. However, I now have a problem with duplicate entries in the BB calendar. Is there a way to wipe the BB calendar clean? Right now, I am not syncing the calendar to Outlook because of the duplication problems.

Thank you.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:59:19 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

To remove all calendar entries on your phone you can wipe the handheld but this will remove all your other settings as well. below are some other suggestions I found on various BlackBerry forums.

Alternatively you can open the calendar on the device and place into Agenda view. Highlight the first date bar at the top and choose "Delete Prior" and you'll clean out the entire calendar of events on the device that exist before today's date. This method however will leave all future events on the device.

Or you can if you have the Desktop Manager installed can connect the BlackBerry and go to Backup & Restore > Advanced. On the right-hand side, under the Device Databases section, scroll down to Calendar and highlight it. Then you can click the Clear button.

If you wish to remove duplicate entries within Outlook please see this post: http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=2 that has a useful tool to find duplicates.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
dover
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2008 6:17:14 PM

I've decided to delete the product from my BB and move on. In addition to the earlier problems and the inability to modify recurring appointments, all of my calendar entries were deleted from Outlook and our IT department will have to restore them. The product works great for email and contacts but would not work with Outlook calendar.