Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Duplicate Calendar Items Cannot Delete Options
DavidN
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 3:41:31 PM
Groups: Member

Hello

I am using the latest download of Astrasync on my Blackberry Curve. When I sync my calendar I end up with duplicates. Oddly enough when I go to sync options and uncheck calendar my duplicates are deleted by my other calendar items remain in tact and do not delete.

Please advise
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:53:25 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

I suggest that we remove all duplicates before you try to sync the calendar collection again.

Go to AstraSync > Options > Sync Settings and uncheck calendar. Press Yes to the next options so that it clears all your calendar data off your phone. Check the calendar is empty.

If it is not completely empty yet these event are on your server and you have the desktop manager installed on your PC then you can clear it as below.

Desktop Manager... Backup and Restore -> ADVANCED -> select CALENDAR from Device Databases list -> click CLEAR -> click OK to confirm - -> CLOSE. This will remove all entries.

Double check your calendar on the server has no duplicates then go back to AstraSync > Options > Sync Settings and enable calendar again.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
DavidN
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:30:26 AM

I have no duplicates on my server. I do not have desktop manager installed on my machine and really do not want to install it. I sync everything wirelessly which is why I have astrasync. I find myself either having to clear my calendar or contacts on a weekly basis because astrasync causes duplicates to appear on my curve.

Is there another alternative?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:08:41 AM

I misunderstood at first as I believed you were seeing duplicates when attempting to sync. If duplicates are arising after an initial sync when you then see no duplicates and all you are using to sync is just AstraSync then we will need to investigate further.

Go into AstraSync, Menu > Options >Diagnostics Settings. Select the option 'Enable Diagnostics'. Hit Menu > Save.
Go to Options > Sync Settings and uncheck calendar and contacts. Press Yes to the next screen. Check the contacts and calendar have cleared then enable these once more. Ensure you choose 'Delete Device Items' so that only the server data should then be on the phone.

Wait until you see a duplicate calendar or contact event hopefully this is fairly quickly, go back into the Diagnostics Settings menu and turn Diagnostics off.

Logging will be a data charge so unless you are on an unlimited plan be aware that the longer the log is running the higher the cost will be.

Email support@astrasync.com once this is completed and provide your username/domain that you specified in AstraSync so we can locate your logs. Also please provide the following information:
The contact or event that was duplicated
BB Device version and OS version
Email Server and version
AstraSync Version.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
DavidN
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 4:13:47 AM

Hello

I sent my last diagnostic log to support several days ago and have not heard back. Please advise
Amit.Patel
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 8:34:32 AM

Hi DavidN

I'm not sure what happened to this case, but we didn’t appear to receive an confirmation email from you that you performed the diagnostics steps. Anyway I can now see the log you sent in and we will review it.

Can you give one or two examples of duplicated Events?

Also can you confirm what BB version you are using and OS number?

**Update, I was able to find the internal case. Will update when I have some more information

Amit Patel
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
Amit.Patel
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 12:56:59 PM

Hi DavidN

The log appears to show problems with Network Connectivity.

Can you try the following:

-Contact your provider and resend the service books to the device
-Switch to TCP/IP rather than using BIS

Let us know if this makes any difference.

Amit Patel
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
DavidN
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 3:26:19 AM

I am not having connectivty issues. I have sent the service books. However, I do not know how to change from BIS to TCP/IP. Please advise
Amit.Patel
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 3:27:15 PM

Hi

To change from BIS to TCP, go into AstraSync Menu > Network Settings and select TCP/IP.

You will need to ensure your Device has the correct APN settings. Your carrier can provide these to you.

Amit Patel
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 7:58:19 AM

Hi DavidN, Are you still having any problems with AstraSync after changing the network? If so please let us know.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com