Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Hour difference when synching to calendar Options
asnyc01
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2009 10:45:55 AM
Groups: Member

I am having a problem when I am synching with my blackberry device. If I enter on my blackberry device and synch the event goes to my First Class server one hour later. If I enter on my calendar then it comes to my blackberry device one hour earlier. I am using a blackberry pearl 8100 v 4.2.0.42. I am using AstraSych 2.2.13 I am testing this for one of our VIP who has a 1000 contacts and about 800 plus calendar events.Any help will be greatly appreciated.
BB
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 3:48:19 PM

hello,

I've had a similar issue. I went to 'options', 'date/time', selected the correct time zone for my country and ensured that the actual time was correct for the time zone. For example, we need to choose +2 GMT Harare, which I did, but my calendar was syncing two hours out..I then went to time / zone, selected Harare and then actually changed the time..

give it a shot, hope it works
asnyc01
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:06:03 AM

Tried that my time on my blackberry device is the same as my network time. It has adjusted for daylight savings time.
asnyc01
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:37:17 PM

It seems the problem was my blackberry. I installed the AstraSynch on my backup blackberry and the calendar events all synched at the right time. I wiped my blackberry and re-installed the application and it the times are correct. Hope this helps someone else besides me.
bruceleiroy
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 7:11:33 AM

I am currently using the trial Astra Sync for my new BB Storm. It took forever to get things to sync, but then when it did, the appointments already in my first class calendar are synced into my BB Storm 7 hours early. Now if I make any change on my first class calendar or if I make a change on my BB Storm they seem to change accurately. This issue is with all my already established appointments synced into the storm. Please help if you can, it does not seem realistic to have to go back and redo all my appointments. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 8:06:01 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Bruceleiroy, Please can you try upgrading to version 3.0.10 of AstraSync that is currently in beta. Please then go to Sync Settings and uncheck calendar. Press Yes to the next screen. Check your calendar on the phone is then empty and go back to Sync Settings and tick calendar once more. Do the events now appear at the correct time?

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com