Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Outlook reoccurring calendar items deleting. Options
mspisdept1
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 10:41:14 AM
Groups: Member

Reoccurring calendar items created within Outlook 2003 are deleting on their own. When I disable syncing of calendar items in AstraSync this issue disappears. Here is what I'm currently running on:

-BlackBerry Storm (purchased March of '09)
-AstraSync V2.2.13
-Outlook 2003 email client
-Exchange Server 2003

Any recommendations as to how I can resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need anymore information. Thank you for your time.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 11:09:51 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Please can you go to Options > Diagnostics Logging and enable this. Save your settings. Go back to your Outlook and add a recurring calendar event to illustrate this issue. Go to AstraSync and sync. Wait until you notice AstraSync has synced and the event has been removed from Outlook. Is the event on the BlackBerry calendar?

Go back to Options > Diagnostics Logging and disable this. It is important you do this else the log will continue to grow and your data plan charges will still be made.

Please then let us know when you have done this and I will take a look at the log that has arrived here in support. It would also be good to know the subject and date of the test event so that we can isolate this easily in the log. What recurrence rule are you using e.g Occurs every weekday at midday etc

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
mspisdept1
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:51:14 AM

Vicky,

I turned the calendar back on around 10:15 AM CDT 03/25, then enabled Diagnostic Logging, and then added a reoccurring calendar item as follows: "Both reoccurring, starting in March, ending in December. Every Monday, one at 7:30 to 8 am, the other 8:00 to 8:30AM" Subject = Test Subject for second item = Test II

Please let me know if you need anymore information. Thank you for your support.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:19:16 AM

Thank you for the log. I can confirm that we have received this and are currently investigating. We will let you know what we find out.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
mspisdept1
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2009 7:37:58 AM

Vicky Cwilewicz wrote:
Thank you for the log. I can confirm that we have received this and are currently investigating. We will let you know what we find out.

Hi Vicky, any word on the status of this?

Thank you
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 4:44:25 AM

Hi, We are still currently investigating this issue and will let you know if we require any further information.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 4:51:01 AM

Hi, A fix has been made for this issue which should testing go well be included within the next AstraSync release. We will keep you posted as to when this becomes available.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 7:54:36 AM

This fix has been included within the 3.0.10 beta release of AstraSync which is now available for download from www.astrasync.com/beta. Please let us know if this resolves your problem or if you have further issues.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com