Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Calendar Duplications Options
ousieks1
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:58:12 AM
Groups: Member

I recently downloaded Astrasync for my Verizon BB Curve. Everything works great except that it will duplicate appointments on my calendar or delete some from my exchange server calendar. I am not sure if there is a reason for the ones being duplicated/removed or a bug. I cleared the calendar from my BB and then resynced with the server and it cleared up most of the issues except for a couple duplicates.

Any ideas?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 10:31:10 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Please the following post for help in removing duplicates http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=2

Are you able to recreate this duplication or deletion issues on demand? e.g in response to creating a new appointment etc. If so please let us know so that we can tell you how to gather some logs.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
networkexpertise
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 3:13:26 PM
Groups: Member

We are having a duplication issue on one phone. The thing is the duplicates are not in our Outlook or OWA. We reinstalled AstraSync and this is still not fixing the problem. What should we do? Are you guys hosting a copy of our data on your servers somewhere? Please advise.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 5:37:44 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

We do not host any copies of user data on any of our servers. If the calendar in OWA and therefore effectively on the server is correct and contains no duplicates then I suggest you wipe the calendar on the BlackBerry device. First please take a backup using Desktop Manager in case some events are missing from your server copy that you later need to restore.

Go to AstraSync > Options > Sync Settings and uncheck calendar. Press Yes to the next options so that it clears all your calendar data off your phone. Check the calendar is empty.

If it is not completly empty and you have the desktop manager installed on your PC then you can clear it as below.

Desktop Manager... Backup and Restore -> ADVANCED -> select CALENDAR from Device Databases list -> click CLEAR -> click OK to confirm - -> CLOSE. This will remove all entries.

Once the calendar is empty go back to AstraSync > Options > Sync Settings and enable calendar again.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com