Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

not syncing from blackberry to exchange server Options
jee
Posted: Friday, March 6, 2009 7:23:01 AM
Groups: Member

Hi, I just got started with astrasync and everything seems fine except changes i make to my calendar on my blackberry do not sync back to the server. I use a curve (8310) and a MS exchange server.
thanks
jee
Amit.Patel
Posted: Friday, March 6, 2009 3:14:45 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi

Can you confirm what version of Exchange server you are running? When you make a change on the device, it can take up to 30 minutes before that change is sync'd to the server to help save on resources. If you make a change then do a 'Sync Now' does the item get updated?

If not we may need you to run through some diagnostics procedures. Can you confirm what version of AstraSync you are running?

Amit Patel
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
jee
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:21:12 AM

No, it does not even sync when i do "sync now"

i'm using v2.2.13
jee
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:29:08 AM

also Exchange server 2003 Version: 6.5.7638.1
jee
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 7:10:34 AM

another aspect to this annoying problem- it updates appts from my bb to server, but does not update changes i make to NOTES in appts.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 11:00:13 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Please can you go to Options > Diagnostics Logging and enable this. Save your settings. Go back to your calendar and edit an event. Go to AstraSync and sync. Wait 40 minutes then check that your Sync Status screen has no errors and that the calendar on Outlook has not been updated.

Go back to Options > Diagnostics Logging and disable this. It is important you do this else the log will continue to grow and your data plan charges will still be made.

Repeat this again for another test appointment to illustrate the issue with the notes field. Let us know what you edited in each test event and what these where called and on what date so that we can find them in the log.

Please then let us know when you have done this and I will take a look at the log that has arrived here in support.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com