Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Delete event added on BB Options
Steve66
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 3:02:54 PM
Groups: Member

I'm using the 2.2.13 client on a BlackBerry 8350i running OS 4.6.1.128. My server is a FirstClass server for my school's organization. If I create an event on the BlackBerry, it syncs correctly to the server. If I then delete the event from the server, the event is not deleted from the BlackBerry. If I create the event on the server, it syncs to the BlackBerry and does get deleted from the BlackBerry if I delete it from the server.

For some reason, events created on the BlackBerry and then deleted on the server are not being deleted from the BlackBerry. Is this a known bug? Does it sound like a problem with the server? Thanks for any help you can provide.

- Steve -
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 4:25:24 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Please take a look at the following post http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=528#2297 which explains that this is possible if you are able to get the correct beta software from FirstClass.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
Steve66
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 11:36:38 AM

Thanks, Vicky but maybe I wasn't clear: I'm not asking about the ability to delete an event from the BB and have it delete on the server. I have access to the latest FirstClass sync server beta and this actually works just fine.

I'm having the opposite problem: if I create an event on the BB and then delete it from the server, it doesn't delete on the BB. Events created on the server and then deleted from the server are deleted from the BB at the next sync, but not if the event originated from the BB. I can reproduce it every time. Is this a bug in the AstraSync client or the FirstClass server?

- Steve -
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2009 10:08:57 AM

To confirm if this issue is with FirstClass or AstraSync we need to collect some logs.
Please can you go to Options > Diagnostics Settings and enable diagnostics. Reproduce this issue by creating an event on the BB and then deleting it from the server. Get AstraSync to sync. Check the event hasn't deleted on the BB.
Please then go back to Diagnostic Settings and turn diagnostics off. Please let us know when you have done this and we shall take a look at the log that is forwarded to support.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
Steve66
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2009 12:35:05 PM

OK - I've done this. I assume the diagnostic information is sent behind the scenes, but you should have it now.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Friday, March 6, 2009 2:51:49 AM

Many thanks for the log. I can confirm we have received this and will let you know an update soon.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
Steve66
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 6:11:06 PM

FYI, I can confirm that this is fixed in FirstClass Sync Server 9.1 build 21 or later.