Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

How to accept / decline Outlook meeting invites through email Options
robert13
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 2:22:49 AM
Groups: Member

Hi, I am not sure if I experiecing a usage or a functionl problem...

How to accept/decline (or even accept tentative / propose new time) Outlook meeting invites through email ?

I have not found this possibilities wether within the email or the calendar entry itself

AstraSync V2.2.12
Pearl 8100

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Robert
mike.henders
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 2:00:38 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Support for accepting and declining meeting requests is a frequently requested feature and on our product roadmap.

Mike Henders
AstraSync Support
lonndoggie
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 2:21:14 PM
Groups: Member

You have the opposite problem I have. See this post: http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=536

I'm trying AstraSync, and am using it for contacts and calendar, but not email. As a result, the BB email client will create a calendar entry for me for a meeting request (which I can accept); meanwhile, back on the mail server, I also have a calendar entry. AstraSync sync's both of 'em, so I end up with a duplicate. Apparently, the BB mail client can't figure out who the meeting organizer is, so that's always left blank--which makes it easy to tell which one to delete.

I haven't switched to sync'ing with AstaSync yet, but my guess is that it won't create a duplicate calendar entry.

I'm trying to figure out which is the better way to go: Duplicates which I have to manage, or not being able to accept meeting requests on the BB.