Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Duplicate calendar items for meeting requests. Options
lonndoggie
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 3:26:36 PM
Groups: Member

I'm using Kerio and Outlook (and AstraSync and a Blackberry). I'm sync-ing contacts and calendar, but not email. If I make a calendar item, either on the BB or in Outlook, it is sync'ed correctly. Edits on either side are also sync'ed. Yay!

However, if I get a calendar item from someone else (e.g., a meeting request), I get two entries, one right away, one a little later. The later one has only me in it--the organizer has disappeared. This happens whether I accept the request or not.

Note that I don't have the problem of duplicate entries due to having previously sync'ed entries on my BB (I allowed the AstraSync install to remove them), nor am I using any other sync mechanism.

I'm guessing the problem is due to using BIS for email instead of AstraSync--that the email I receive for the meeting request on the Blackberry gets turned into a meeting request on the BB's calendar, which then gets sync'ed to Kerio. Sound right? Any way I can make that stop (e.g., I'd like to keep using the BB email app)?

Thanks--

Lonnie
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 8:31:21 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Please can you go to Options > Diagnostics Settings and enable diagnostics. Repeat the process until you end up with your two entries. Please then wait 10 minutes then sync again.
Please then go back to Diagnostic Settings and turn diagnostics off. Please let us know when you have done this and we shall take a look at the log that is forwarded to support.

If you look with Outlook do you have two items here as well or only the original entry?

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
lonndoggie
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 5:27:45 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'll get the debug dump tomorrow and post it.

To answer your question, yes, the duplicate entry appears in Outlook as well.
nkhak
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 8:58:46 AM

I am having the same issue. I use the BIS feature to connect to my email through Webmail. This creates duplicates because the calendar is syncing with exchange and the email for the invite is coming in through my email. A fix for this would be much appreciated.
lonndoggie
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 11:03:53 AM

I've done the debugging logging. The duplicated calendar item in question is 10am-11am for 3/5/09, "calendar test from webmail (here)".

lonndoggie
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 11:06:52 AM

nkhak wrote:
I am having the same issue. I use the BIS feature to connect to my email through Webmail. This creates duplicates because the calendar is syncing with exchange and the email for the invite is coming in through my email. A fix for this would be much appreciated.

BTW, I tried using AstaSync to sync email as well, thinking that would solve the duplicate calendar item issue (while losing the ability to accept/reject meeting requests on the Blackberry--an AstraSync roadmap item). However, that gave me other issues. See this post: http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=556
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2009 5:04:27 AM

nkhak, Please can you also do the diagnostic logging as detailed in this thread above. We will then use this in conjunction with that from lonndoggie to investigate. Please can you let us know when you have completed the logging.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
stu
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:03:50 PM

I having a similar problem were I get duplicate items on recurring appointments. Is there a fixed yet? thanks
jacksoew
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 7:32:14 PM

Similar problem here. The worst is when I set up a meeting on Outlook with multiple attendees, initially all is fine, but then a few minutes later suddenly the item will have lost all attendees, and the event in Outlook no longer understands that I was the Meeting Organizer. I also often get duplicate meeting notices.

This is a real disaster for me, as I can no longer adjust the meeting, and I need to do that frequently, either the meeting notice, or the time, etc, but after all meeting attendees are lost, I can't communicate to them, and additionally Outlook no longer believes I am the organizer, so I lose all the options to move the meeting - it treats me like an invitee, not the organizer (I have accept/tentative/deny buttons, like you get when youare invited).

This feature needs to get sorted quickly, or I will have to abandon Astrasync.

Outlook 2007 and Astrasync v2.2.16, with Blackberry Pearl. Using BIS for email, Astrasync for Calendar and Contacts.

thanks for all help,
elliott

MWinter
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 12:34:05 PM

I also have users with this issue as well. We are running Microsoft Exchange Online 2007 to Blackberry 8310 (os v4.5.0.110) with AstraSync v2.2.16. Seems to occur when events with multiple parties are created or accepted via e-mail.
Amit.Patel
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:24:49 PM

Hi jacksoew & MWinter

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We will be contacting you offline tomorrow to work on this issue.

Amit Patel
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
tadyergey
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:48:35 AM

I'm also having a similar problem were I get duplicate items on recurring appointments
notstiller
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 3:43:25 PM

I also see this problem with similar setup: using astrasync 3.0.18
Syncing Calendar and Contacts but not email with Zimbra

Meeting invites that come into my email get put on the calendar and then duplicated. One of them will list the organizer and other attendees and the other will be just a calendar item for me only.

Doesn't create any real damage- primarily a nuisance.

An update or fix would be appreciated.

-Adam
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 5:57:10 AM

There are a number of changing coming out with the next release of AstraSync to how meetings are handled. Please keep an eye on the forum for an announcement of when this will be available.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
ScaldedDog
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:11:04 AM

I went back to .18, and now my calendar is a mess. *Everything* is duplicated, and I've got 5 of some events. Recurring, multiple attendees, single appointments I create just for me, I have lots of all of them, on Outlook and the device. This will take me hours to clean up, with no assurance it won't happen again. HELP!!!

Mark
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 7:05:17 AM

To help you with cleaning up the duplicates please take a look at the following thread. http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=2

You may also find the using the Desktop Manager to wipe clean your calendar and contacts if a fast way of removing everything off the device so that when you turn syncing back on that this will then sync your one lean copy of data from the device. Make sure you take a backup first.

Open the Desktop Manager and go to Backup & Restore > Advanced. On the right-hand side, under the Device Databases section, scroll down to Calendar and highlight it. Then you can click the Clear button.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
ken.clarke
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 6:05:10 AM

The DuplicateKiller application doesn't work on the trial period if you are using Kerio through Outlook (KOFF connector). It will only allow you to duplicate check your archive folder not your active calendar, contacts or email folder.

I have got 135 duplicate calendar events! I have tried changing to TCP connection but then I cannot sync with the server at all (now connected back through BIS).

Any help would be appreciated

Ken
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 10:36:24 AM

Unfortunately this is going to mean that you will need to manually remove the duplicates from your calendar using Outlook. Alternatively if you took a backup before installing AstraSync then you could restore this instead.

To stop any more duplicates appearing please go to Sync Settings in AstraSync and disable the calendar. Once the duplicates have been removed you can then turn this back on again.

There was a problem with duplication of meetings that has been addressed within the beta release. You may wish to upgrade at the same time to benefit from this fix. http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1028

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
alan ford
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:55:53 AM

I am having the same issue --> here is the question I posted
http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1055

It is really bad since the meeting invitation is resent time and time again, to ALL attendees. I've never had this before and it quite BAD.

I am using Astrasync to sync with Exchage server.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 8:00:10 AM

your device and that you did not delete ALL the CICAL service books before upgrading.

I therefore suggest that you:
- Stop syncing the calendar through AstraSync by deselecting this under Sync Settings
- Go and delete the service books on the device following the step here: http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1011
- Perform a soft reset (remove the battery, wait 10 seconds, replace the battery).
- Go back and turn calendar syncing back on

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com