Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Calendar SYNCING HELP NEED! Options
jimholthaus3226
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:18:22 AM
Groups: Member

I've updated to the Beta Version of the Astrasync. I have BB Storm and the syncing is just not the way it needs to be.

1. When I do sync, I'm getting multiple event duplicates now on both the phone and the server. I've gone onto my server and cleaned my schedule for an entire year and still, they are duplicating back to server and on phone. Can't clear phone without going to each one individually.

2. NEED to get this syncing issue FIXED ASAP. I'm loosing appointments etc. and can't rely on my calendar these days till it is working correctly. I hope that this can be corrected and working IMMEDIATELY!

3. I use Kerio as my server.

4. Phone and server try to sync, but the SYNC STATUS Message now is Error: java.lang.illegalArgumentException 27 of 528. When I re-BOOT BB Storm, and re-sync, then additional dupes show and the ERROR message comes again!

HELP! I've been dealing with this now for over 2 weeks and still not right. Thanks

Jim Holthaus
jimh@grouptour.com
Amit.Patel
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 2:10:45 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi

When you see Error: java.lang.illegalArgumentException within AstraSync, there is likely to be a corresponding entry made within the Device Log of the phone. To access the Device log on a Storm use the following:

-From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, display the menu and then select Show Keyboard.
-Hold the number key to lock the number keyboard. The 123 icon appears on the top-right of the screen, and a small lock appears on the number key.
-Press the ( , ) ( 5 ) ( , ) ( 5 ) keys.

You should see an entry relating to an exception which you can select. Copy the Event and email it to support@astrasync.com. Note that Device log fills up all the time, so if the error occurred yesterday then you will have a hard time locating it in the Device log. Ideally you want to recreate the error and then look in the device log immediately.

There are some issues with relative events that could be causing the exception. I would suggest you reset the calendar collection. You can do this by going to Menu > Options > Sync Settings. Unselect Calendar. Hit menu > Save. You will get a prompt that the items on the device will be deleted (but not on server). Hit Menu > Yes.

Once it has been deleted, check the Calendar on the device and make sure everything has been deleted. If you select your calendar, somewhere under Menu > Options, you should see Number of Entries being 0. This is actually within the calendar on the device.

There is a newer beta release that was made available today, V2.2.9. You may want to upgrade to this version. You can do so by pointing your browser to www.astrasync.com/beta/ instructions and release notes are also at this site and can be viewed via a desktop computer.

Before you upgrade, I would recommend you uncheck the calendar option, upgrade and then reselect the calendar option.

Amit Patel
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
jimholthaus3226
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 5:51:32 PM

When I delete items in calendar from phone, 93 items still remain. What then?

Jim Holthaus
jimh@grouptour.com
jimholthaus3226
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:38:51 AM

Tried anyway with 93 items on calendar. Did not work. What next?

Jim Holthaus
jimh@grouptour.com
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 5:44:31 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

If you still need to clear your BlackBerry calendar you could use your Desktop Manager. Go to Backup and Restore -> ADVANCED -> select CALENDAR from Device Databases list -> click CLEAR -> click OK to confirm - -> CLOSE. This will remove all entries and allow you to start from afresh if you prefer.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com