Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Can sync contacts but not calendar Options
ml14552
Posted: Thursday, February 5, 2009 6:37:24 AM
Groups: Member

When syncing a blackberry storm to our Email server (First Class) we are able to sync the contacts but not the calendar. We get the following Error:

Error loading collection data for Calendar. Error occurred opening tree CalendarS2CMAP. java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 5 >= 0

We have tried deleting all calendar items and resyncing but that has not helped. Also unchecked calendar, synced, and then rechecked calendar but still does not work.

bsitar
Posted: Saturday, February 7, 2009 8:48:28 AM

I have exactly the same problem on Exchange Server 2007. Due to update of Blackberry Bold firmware (to 4.6.0.216 (365)), I had to reinstall all downloaded software, including Astrasync v2.1.25. Since then I cannot sync the Calendar anymore, contacts are working fine. Interestingly, there was no problem using my "upgraded version" of v2.1.25 on the old firmware (4.6.0.190 (331)).

I get the same error message:
Error loading collection data for Calendar. Error occurred opening tree CalendarS2CMAP. java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 5 >= 0

Any ideas?
rory.fitzpatrick
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2009 5:20:25 AM
Groups: AstraSync Staff

This is a known issue that we are working on as a top priority. The issue is rather complex so we are having to produce extra versions just to diagnose the problem. We may need to contact you for further information in order to help with the process, although we are already working with several other customers experiencing the same thing.

Thanks for your patience.

Rory Fitzpatrick
AstraSync Support
FAQ | Setup Instructions
Amit.Patel
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2009 6:37:48 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi bsitar & ml14552

Can you both please email support@astrasync.com with your contact email address (the ones you registered when signing up on the AstraSync.com website)? I will then contact you back with some instructions on how to debug.

Amit Patel
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
BCOL
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 7:42:24 AM

A perhaps reated problem: My Outlook calendar syncs fine with the BB device but not the other way around, i.e. appointments that I type into the BB calendar do not show up in my Outlook. Can you help me to solve this?
Rgrds/Björn
dononeill
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 3:26:37 PM

i have the storm, i reinstalled to get my email to sync properly, but the calendar doesnt sync at all, cant even get it to select in the sync options. any help would be appreciated.
mike.henders
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 2:04:12 PM

A related issue with select contacts and calendars for synchronizatino was fixed in 2.2.12 which is available now. To upgrade point your BlackBerry browser to www.astrasync.com/dwl and download 2.2.12. You can upgrade this way, or wait until next week at which point we will push the update out and you will get a prompt to upgrade automatically.

Mike Henders
AstraSync Support
BCOL
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 2:00:59 AM

Hi, just upgraded to 2.2.13 but my problem remains; calendar appointments entered into the BB device to not appear in my Outlook but the other way around works.
BCOL
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 5:09:20 AM

Please can you go to Options > Diagnostics Logging and enable this. Save your settings. Go back to your phone and enter a test event. Go to AstraSync and sync. Wait 5 minutes then check that your Outlook doesn't have this new event.

Go back to Options > Diagnostics Logging and disable this. It is important you do this else the log will continue to grow and your data plan charges will still be made.

Please then let us know when you have done this and I will take a look at the log that has arrived here in support.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
dahak
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:40:10 PM

I have also the same problem here using the Storm and syncing with our FirstClass server.

Here's are the spec:

BB Storm, OS v4.7.0.109
FC Sync Services 9.0 Build 20
AstraSync version: 2.2.13

I don't know if this help but I also got this info after installing AstraSync (during the setup wizard)
Server version : 6.5.7638.1
Protocol version: 12.0

First noticed the problem yesterday after installing AS for the first time. Played with it a little, tried different things but no go.

I then decided to restart completely from scratch. I have completely wiped the Storm and then resinstalled AS over the air. The initial setup was done with no issues and I have registered the license as before.

Then I did my test again. I have no issue creating contacts on the BB (they are sync properly to FirstClass) but no joy.

I have enabled diagnostics and proceeded as described. Please confirm that you received my log.

Thanks

Dahak
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:37:11 AM

Dahak, We have received your log file and are currently investigating. We will let you know an update as soon as possible.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
dahak
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:16:32 AM

Thanks Vicky. I have received your email as well suggesting to turning the calendar sync off and on. Unfortunately, this didn't fix the problem.

And now I've just noticed today that half of my contact didn't get synced (and that was on the initial sync as well)

Out of 33 contacts, only 18 got synced. For some reason I thought everything was OK with the contacts but it doesn't appear to be so.

Here's what I'll do. Since this device if for testing only and not really my own, I have no problem wiping it and restarting from scratch. I'll make sure this time to only configure one email account on the BIS instead of 3 like before
and I will reinstall AS. I will post my steps and the results in a future post (hopefully later today)

And just so you know, my coworker who is also testing the AS client with me has no problem whatsover but she is using a BB World Edition. So I guess this is only a problem with the Storm (or more with the OS it seems ?) Hopefully we can get this resolved.

Thanks Vicky. I'll keep you posted.
dahak
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 7:49:08 AM

Hi Vicky. OK I did some more testing and here's my results:

Steps taken:
- Wiped BB Storm device completely, reinstalled OS 4.7.0.76
- Added only one email account through BIS (the one used for testing)
- Installed AS over the air.
- Configured AS to work with my FC server
- Registered AS
- Performed initial sync

Results:
- Initial sync of contacts didn't work as expected: only 20 contacts out of 33 got synced
- Initial sync of calendar: All OK
- Now I can create / edit calendar items on the BB and they get synced AOK on my Firstclass account and viceversa.

It seems that the initial sync of all my contacts are the main issue now. Did the following test just now:

- I have disabled the syncing of my contacts in the AS options and said Yes when prompted to confirm that this would delete all my contacts on the device.

- Then I went and enabled diagnostics.

- When in my FirstClass account preferences and changed the sync options for Contacts to Full (instead of normal "changes only")

Went and renabled the sync of contacts in the AS options.
Performed a sync on the device.

And again, only 20 contacts got synced.

Disabled diagnostics.

I have to say however that I have performed all of the following tests and all were successful:

Add contact in FC (synced to BB OK)
Delete contact in FC (synced to BB OK)
Edit existing contact in FC (synced to BB OK)
Add contact on BB (synced to FC OK)
Edit existing contact on BB (synced to FC OK)

Add calendar item in FC (synced to BB OK)
Delete calendar item in FC (synced to BB OK)
Edit existing calendar item in FC (time change) (synced to BB OK)
Add calendar item on BB (synced to FC OK)
Edit existing calendar item on BB (time change) (synced to FC OK)
Edit existing calendar item in FC (event description) (synced to BB OK)
Edit existing calendar item in BB (event description) (synced to FC OK)

I don't know if deletion of contact and calendar items from the BB works because I don't have version 9.124 of the FC client (see post http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=528 about this)

You should have received the log for this portion of my problem.

Thanks.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 7:59:58 AM

Thank you for this new log file. We are currently investigating and will get back to you.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
dahak
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 8:20:29 AM

Thanks Vicky. Please see my edit. I am happy to say that the following tests worked OK:

Add contact in FC (synced to BB OK)
Delete contact in FC (synced to BB OK)
Edit existing contact in FC (synced to BB OK)
Add contact on BB (synced to FC OK)
Edit existing contact on BB (synced to FC OK)

Add calendar item in FC (synced to BB OK)
Delete calendar item in FC (synced to BB OK)
Edit existing calendar item in FC (time change) (synced to BB OK)
Add calendar item on BB (synced to FC OK)
Edit existing calendar item on BB (time change) (synced to FC OK)
Edit existing calendar item in FC (event description) (synced to BB OK)
Edit existing calendar item in BB (event description) (synced to FC OK)
CodeDoctor
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 4:40:34 PM

Similar sort of problem syncing CALENDAR...it simply refuses to sync. I do not get an error message, but I think that is because, even if I "save" it, the checkbox in front of "calendar" in the "sync settings" screen will NOT stay checked. Is there a fix for this? Pray
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 8:39:48 AM

Please can you go to Options > Diagnostics Logging and enable this. Save your settings. Go back to your phone and check the calendar again under sync setting. Go to AstraSync and sync. Wait 10 minutes then check that your Sync Status screen has no errors and that the calendar is now deselected.

Go back to Options > Diagnostics Logging and disable this. It is important you do this else the log will continue to grow and your data plan charges will still be made.

Please then let us know when you have done this and I will take a look at the log that has arrived here in support.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
CodeDoctor
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 6:41:45 PM

Okay...you should actually have SEVERAL logs, as I have tried this several times. The problem remains the same:
AstrySync appears to "act differently" when saving the "Sync Settings" page after checking the "calendar" box...that is, it does not return to the prior page like it does with all of the other "saved" pages. I can save it 10 times and it still will not keep the "calendar" box checked. When I exit the page, it immediately "unchecks" the "calendar" setting (if it ever really "checked" it at all...), so when I try to sync it simply doesn't!

I pulled the battery out and restarted...AND tried to set up "calendar" for sycning again...it simply did not accept it. NOTE that, as far as I can tell from the debug logs, it never even tries to sync the calendar!

Both Email and Tasks work fine...it is JUST the "Calendar" that will not sync...

My server operates on Small Business Server 2008 (which is a compilation of Windows Server Std 2008 SP1 and MS Exchange Server 2007).

Are we having any FUN yet???
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 7:14:02 AM

Many thanks for the log files. We will be taking a look at these and will then contact you. In the meantime however please can you let us know what BlackBerry model and OS version you are using with AstraSync.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
dan.wright
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 7:38:42 AM

I submitted some log files last night as well. Blackberry Storm here with OS .113/.114 (Hybrid - consisting primarily of .113), so could be my own issue.

Thanks,
Dan
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 10:49:23 AM

Thank you for the log file Dan. We will take a look and get back in touch.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
CodeDoctor
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:46:51 AM

I am using a BlackBerry Storm 9530. The OS version is 4.7.0.75 (platform 4.0.0.94). I hope this helps.