Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Calendar item input on BB does not sync to Outlook Options
rwoody4
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 10:38:15 AM
Groups: Member

I entered several calendar items on my BlarckBerry Storm - but they have never synced to my Outlook. Is there a reason for this?

Rwoody4
mheisen
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:21:32 PM

I'm having the same issue since upgrading to the .25 software. There is no problem from the server to my device, but nothing created on the device goes to the system.
I'm on a BB storm runing .75 OS syncing to exchange 2003. It was working until the upgrade.

Marc Eisen
rory.fitzpatrick
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:43:03 AM
Groups: AstraSync Staff

How many BIS accounts do you have setup on the device?

Rory Fitzpatrick
AstraSync Support
FAQ | Setup Instructions
mheisen
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 6:22:28 AM

I have one business accound and four private e-mail accounts counting the Verizon BB. When I look at the options screen in Calendar I show the Default Device as well as the others. I noticed that when I open some of the events created on the BB that at the top in the "send using" it lists one of the private e-mails. In the events created on the system is says "device default". Not sure how to change that as the field is unchangeable...
Further info = I have gone to the calendar view and "selected" device default" and still cannot seem to creat an event in it. The "send" seems to always be one of the private e-mails.
I had no proplem syncing both ways with the last version of Astrasync.

Marc Eisen
rory.fitzpatrick
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 8:28:16 AM
Groups: AstraSync Staff

You should be able to change the default calendar in Options > Advanced Options > Default Services. Once that is done, you may need to unsync the calendar collection in AstraSync and reboot the device before syncing it again. Unfortunately it's not possible for AstraSync to attach to anything but the default calendar, and it will get this on startup according to what is set in Default Services.

Rory Fitzpatrick
AstraSync Support
FAQ | Setup Instructions
mheisen
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 10:41:48 AM

Did not work. When I went into the advanced options, the private e-mails were all there, but the "Default Device" which shows as a seperate calendar, with a seperate color was not. I changed the default to the VZW.Blackberry.net address for the heck of it. I unchecked the box in the Astrasync optons page, picked delete all appointments on the device, watched it sync 76 items in the sync screen, and then tried to creat an event on the BB. The next time it synced, it duplicated all the events in the calendar, but did not put the new one on.
I unchecked the calendar and got rid of the duplicates. I have now iven deleted all but the VZW e-mail from the device, and that does not help either. It still only syncs from server to device, not the other way. It is frustrating as it did work before I upgraded to the new version of Astrasync
mheisen
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:17:24 PM

Solved the issue. I had to uncheck the calendar box in the sync options. This does not erase all the entries on the Storm by the way. I then erased each event, and series of events on the device manually till calendar was completely empty. I then went back to sync options, checked the calendar box and let it sync. The 'Default Device" calendar went away, and all is functional.

You should offer a bounty when we users find a solution. Maybe a month extention to our subscription? Angel

Hope this helps someone else. Also hope I don't have to do this every time there is an upgrade to the software.

Marc Eisen
erikkoster
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2009 11:53:45 AM

Hello All,

I'm experiencing the same problems as above except I'm using a Blackberry Bold. I've tried to install activsync on 2 BB Bold handsets without any results. When I do not add any BIS accounts it works but when I do it doesn't work. I cannot select any other default calendar in the advanced settings screen then my BIS account. If i have no BIS account installed on the Bold it shows me a blank screen. I do, however, see the default calendar when I wish to filter calendar entries in the calendar.

I also tried wiping the whole handset and installing everything from scratch. I installed astrasync first and then I installed the BIS account. I'm only using one BIS account on the one handset. I use 3 on the other.

I've tried both solutions posted here but it still won't work. Everything else this software does works brilliantly btw. Except for BB -> server communication. I'm using a Exchange 2003 setup to synchronize with.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

- Erik Koster
bshire
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 8:29:36 AM

I have the same problem. When I go to create an entry in the calendar I'm given the option to "Send Using" 1 of my 2 BIS accounts but the Device Default is not an option.

FYI - I'm using a Bold with Exchange 2003.

Update - Now that I look at it even further it appears that some of my calendar items from Outlook have switched to being labeled from one of my BIS accounts. I don't use the calendar function on either of BIS accounts at all (Yahoo & Gmail) but now some of the appointments are being shown as Send From my Yahoo account.
bshire
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 10:04:08 AM

I tried mheisen's solution and it seems to be working for me now. The Default Device calendar is gone and I've created a new item on the device and it's synced to the Exchange Server. I'll have to keep an eye on this going forward to make sure there are no more glitches.