Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException 0 has returned Options
mheisen
Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2009 4:44:57 PM
Groups: Member

I am running a Blackberry Storm with the .75 OS. Iam trying to sync to Exchange 2003.

During my trial period with Astrasync, I had the above error. After working with you I found duplicate entries in my calendar, cleaned them up and the product began to function. When the trial period was up, with a lapse of about two days, I purchased the product. Your system required a new authorization which I found, and that was the end of my synchronization.

Over the last two days I have painstakingly gone over my calendar in Outlook correcting and remaking some recurring entries after deleting the originals to make sure that they were correct. Each time I finish, I have to manually delete each appointment AND recurring series of appontments off the Blackberry to even get it to sync. The entire calendar must be empty before I can even try and sync again. It seems to go back further than the two weeks that I set the program to, and picks up entries from my outlook dating back to 2007. I deleted your program and reinstalled, with no change.
After spending at least four -six hours deleting on a touch screen I could certainly use some help. I currently have your program uninstalled, till I get some words of wisdom from you.

Thanks. Marc Eisen
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2009 11:54:24 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

We will be contacting you via email to investigate this issue.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
dheisler@swsd.k12.wa.us
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 1:54:16 PM

mheisen wrote:
I am running a Blackberry Storm with the .75 OS. Iam trying to sync to Exchange 2003.

During my trial period with Astrasync, I had the above error. After working with you I found duplicate entries in my calendar, cleaned them up and the product began to function. When the trial period was up, with a lapse of about two days, I purchased the product. Your system required a new authorization which I found, and that was the end of my synchronization.

Over the last two days I have painstakingly gone over my calendar in Outlook correcting and remaking some recurring entries after deleting the originals to make sure that they were correct. Each time I finish, I have to manually delete each appointment AND recurring series of appontments off the Blackberry to even get it to sync. The entire calendar must be empty before I can even try and sync again. It seems to go back further than the two weeks that I set the program to, and picks up entries from my outlook dating back to 2007. I deleted your program and reinstalled, with no change.
After spending at least four -six hours deleting on a touch screen I could certainly use some help. I currently have your program uninstalled, till I get some words of wisdom from you.

Thanks. Marc Eisen

I have not completed my sync because it makes it through the email, contacts and then when it trys to do the Calendar is says 42 of 360 and then gives me this error. java.lang.illegalArgumentException

I do not have any duplicate items in calendar that I can see.
Amit.Patel
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 2:19:03 PM

Hi dheisler@swsd.k12.wa.us

When the java.lang.illegalArgumentException error occurs, an entry is written to the device event log. If you are using the Storm you can access the log via:

-From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, display the menu and then select Show Keyboard.
-Hold the number key to lock the number keyboard. The 123 icon appears on the top-right of the screen, and a small lock appears on the number key.
-Press the ( , ) ( 5 ) ( , ) ( 5 ) keys.

There you should see an entry related to 'Exception'. Note the log files up rapidly so you want to look as SOON as the error has been generated in MailSite.

Once you find it, select it and copy the details of that Event. You can paste it back to this forum or email support@astrasync.com

Also please confirm the device you are running and OS version and email server.

Amit Patel
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
dfonseca
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 11:22:37 AM

am running a Blackberry Storm with the .75 OS. I am trying to sync to Exchange 2003.

I have the above error.
Over the last two months I have painstakingly gone over my calendar in Outlook correcting and remaking some recurring entries after deleting the originals to make sure that they were correct. Each time I finish, I have to manually delete each appointment AND recurring series of appointments off the Blackberry to even get it to sync. The entire calendar must be empty before I can even try and sync again. It seems to go back further than the two weeks that I set the program to, and picks up entries from my outlook dating back to 2007. I deleted your program and reinstalled, with no change.
After spending at least four -six hours deleting on a touch screen I could certainly use some help. I currently have calendar syncing disabled, until I get some words of wisdom from you.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:58:38 AM

dfonseca, Please can you follow Amit's instructions above to paste the exception either into an email to us or to the forum where we can then investigate this further.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com