Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Calender sync Options
tbeck@blackberry.orange.co.uk
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2009 8:39:36 AM
Groups: Member

Hi I am syncing from my blackberry through to outlook and on a few calender events it appears that every time i sync some of the calender items are being duplicated. please advise.

HIi it has lost all my calender om BB now please help

Now reads error java.lang.illegalArgumentException:New sync Key cannot be null. No longer working with emails either

Its now working very strange all this
Amit.Patel
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2009 3:02:13 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi tbeck@blackberry.orange.co.uk

I'm a little confused by your message, can you clarify what the current problem is?

If you are having issues with the calendar on the device then I suggest you reset the Calendar sync collection. This will wipe the data on the device (but NOT the server). Then turn on the sync again and see if that corrects the problem. If you have any vital data on the device then I suggest you back it up using Desktop manager.

To reset the Calendar Sync collection:

Go into AstraSync, Menu > Options > Sync Settings and de-select Calendar. Hit Menu > Save. On the next window you will see a prompt. Hit Menu > Yes. This will delete the data.

Once this is done, go back to the same menu and select the Calendar option. Hit Menu > Save. This should sync the data from the server back to the device. If you run into any errors such as the 'New Sync Key' error then let me know and we can work on obtaining some further logs.

Amit Patel
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com