Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Recurring Events Options
michaelcamp
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:34:19 PM
Groups: Member

There seems to be an issue with recurring events. When you move one occurrence in the series, the software on the BB sees this as a new event, and keeps the original recurring event time and pushes the new time back to Outlook as a new event on the new day, creating a duplicate. You can delete the "new" event on Outlook but that doesn't affect the BB, both the original and new time remain.
rory.fitzpatrick
Posted: Monday, January 5, 2009 2:12:12 AM
Groups: AstraSync Staff

Hi,

The creation of the new event is a work around for limitations on the BlackBerry, it was the only way we could support recurring events with single instance exceptions. The new event should be linked to the server and capable of being deleted. Can you try the test again please, it's possible another issue got in the way of the deletion.

Rory Fitzpatrick
AstraSync Support
FAQ | Setup Instructions
KenRider
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 8:46:03 AM

I think this is the same problem but wanted to make sure plus make sure I understand your workaround and, finally, get an idea of when it will be fixed.

If I create a recurring weekly meeting with multiple attendees. In Outlook I move one of the meetings to a different day. The meeting shows up on my Outlook calender with all attendees and the rest of the recurring meetings show up on the correct days with all attendees. A few minutes later, after the BlackBerry syncs, the meeting on the new day disappears from my Outlook calendar and the rest of the recurring meetings show up but with no attendees. On the BlackBerry the new meeting shows up.

If I understand your workaround, I would create a new meeting for the exception day. But, would I then delete the meeting on the original day? If so, wouldn't this create a similar problem?

Finally, when can we expect a fix for this problem?
mike.henders
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 1:58:22 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Splitting exceptions to recurring events into multiple events isn't something we can avoid. It's a limitation of the APIs provided by RIM to access the device's calendar.

We may be able to do something about the meeting attendees. It requires further investigation. We will contact you next week to gather diagnostics.

Mike Henders
AstraSync Support
KenRider
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 2:15:50 PM

The missing attendees on the recurring meeting is a problem but only when you need to update the recurring meeting.

The bigger problem for the meeting organizer is the exception only appears on their BlackBerry calendar but not their Outlook calendar. The attendees see the exception in Outlook.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:10:32 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

AstraSync 3.1 beta will now sync attendees to meetings on your BlackBerry device. Please see http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1028 for more details on how to upgrade.

This release also changes the behaviour in relation to exceptions to the meeting. Should there be an exception to the series (E.g one meeting out of a set of three occurs in a different location) this will be seen as one event on the server and in Outlook rather than the two you were previously seeing. The BlackBerry device however will show two events, one for the original and one for the exception.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com