Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Calendar Sync not occuring. Options
Rhowe
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:25:42 AM
Groups: Member

My calendar does not seem to sync properly. It will load TO the blackberry, but any change to the calendar does not sync.

I'm only using calendar and contact sync. I have two email accounts personal and work using the standard Blackberry application. I think it comes to how the calendar is being loaded onto the blackberry. It's loading the items from my work calendar into my personal calendar. Which means it doesn't see the changes either on my calendar on my computer (ical) or on the server (kerio) or on the phone (Blackberry Storm).

Please help me sort this out, I'd like this to work flawlessly for those times when I'm completely reliant upon the device to sort out my schedule.
rory.fitzpatrick
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 11:04:18 AM
Groups: AstraSync Staff

Changes to events and contacts on the device can take up to 30 minutes to be synced to the server. This is because of performance issues with detecting these changes.

Could that explain your issues? (ie if you wait more than 30 minutes, does it sync the changes)

Rory Fitzpatrick
AstraSync Support
FAQ | Setup Instructions
Rhowe
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 1:48:48 PM

It might... I had some free time this afternoon while waiting on a drive copy. Here were my findings.

REmember I'm using a BB Storm, Kerio Server, and Ical on a MacBook Pro.

Ical set to CalDev (prefered)

Create an item on blackberry
Check Kerio server through webmail, item present
Check Ical item present.

Create an item on ical
Check Kerio server thorugh webmail, item present
Check BB, Item present

Modify event on BB
Check Kerio Server Change occors
No change in ical

Modify event on Ical
Check Kerio Server Change occurs
No change on BB

Delete Item on Blackberry
CHeck Kerio Server, item removed
Item deleted in Ical

Delete item on Ical
Check Kerio Server Item Removed
Item Removed in BB

So this leads me to believe that somewhere in the communication between the blackberry AND Ical, this configuration stumbles

I decided to try the Kerio Sync Utility for Ical.

It changes the same test pattern above, to modifications to the BB item show up in Ical, but Modifications from the Ical side don't show up on the BB side.

Let me know what you think, I'd prefer the CALDav method on the Ical side, but it's less reliable overall.

ALSO- Note that the calendar data is backwards, all of these changes on my work server, appear on the BB in my personal calendar. I don't know if that's a BB error, or a Astrasync issue.
Rhowe
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:32:47 PM

As an FYI, I created and modified 2 new appointments one created on the ical side, and one on the BB side, the ical one modified on the BB and the BB one modified on Ical. Even after 30+ Minutes. The changes did not sync to both devices. The server again sees both changes, but neither side of the equation is seeing the other sides changes.

I understand that ICal has some of the blame here, but if we can resolve the astrasync side, (BB) that would be a step in the right direction.

Thanks for the help.

Until we get this figured out, I'll just delete and recreate items on either side of the calendar.

ETA: over 30 minutes elapsed.
mike.henders
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:55:13 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

There are diagnostics we can enable that will permit us to say with reasonable certainty whether the issue is the Kerio MailServer or AstraSync. I can't do much about issues between KMS and iCal.

Our support department will contact you to open a support case and give you instructions for configuring the diagnostic logging.

Mike Henders
AstraSync Support
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 5:00:32 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

We have sent you some instructions via email to help gather some logs for this issue.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com