Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Items not processing from email to calendar Options
kretchep
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:27:20 AM
Groups: Member

I have a user trying this service on a new Blackberry Bold (OS 4.6.0.176) using the latest version of AstraSync 2.1.14 I think. Email and contacts are syncing correctly, calendar is not. The user gets hundreds of messages in the Inbox like these with an attachment ending in .dat:

Quote:
This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 145
AV9jVc0AAAAAIBAIMjRhNGQyZjQgDmtvaGxzQHV3Z2IuZWR1AHDmMeRQBUNJQ0FMA0CAgICA
WgAAMDQyOUY1RjBEK0crMQBs5PmoNirvue+MR/yILtrhABkb+z9/qc4L0gOsTzd8uIFaf5tC
DcKWtKT9VD1BJZ8C+iaLiBJzoFhkT4KWpvNJYj6kEomKyYSCzA!!
ENDETP 1100047715
Quote:

This happens when AstraSync is syncing calendar items so I'm assuming the Blackberry is not processing these correctly. Any guidance is appreciated.
mike.henders
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:45:17 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Most likely the user installed the Desktop Redirector software and misconfigured it by telling it the BlackBerry is connected to a BES.

I think these messages are the redirector trying to talk to the BES and since there is no BES to intercept and delete them they are showing up on the device.

Mike Henders
AstraSync Support
kretchep
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:47:12 AM
Groups: Member

I'm not familiar with the Desktop Redirector software, any suggestions on how to disable this? Is this why the calendar items are not appearing on the Blackberry or is there another issue going on here?
rory.fitzpatrick
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:28:28 AM
Groups: AstraSync Staff

The Redirector is a specific installation type of Desktop Manager, we think the only way to change or remove it is to reinstall Desktop Manager, paying close attention to the "Integration Options" screen during installation process. AstraSync is not designed to work with Desktop Manager syncing Contacts and Calendar, and can result in duplication issues.

You could also check in Desktop Manager > Synchronize Settings that Calendar isn't set to sync, also on the device Calendar app > Options > select calendar > Wireless Synchronization (note this has nothing to do with AstraSync, only BES).

Rory Fitzpatrick
AstraSync Support
FAQ | Setup Instructions