Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Recurring events not showing up if single instance is changed Options
jbc247
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2008 3:38:35 PM
Groups: Member

I have multiple recurring events on my calendar. When I modify one instance of a recurring event, the modified events do not show up on my calendar at all.
rory.fitzpatrick
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2008 3:43:01 PM
Groups: AstraSync Staff

Hi,

Can you be a bit more specific about what you are changing exaclty? Are you modifying the instance on the BlackBerry? Is the result that they don't show up in Outlook or on the BlackBerry?

Rory Fitzpatrick
AstraSync Support

Rory Fitzpatrick
AstraSync Support
FAQ | Setup Instructions
dover
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:18:38 PM

I am having the same problem, whether the single instance is modified on the BB or in Outlook.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2008 6:17:51 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi Dover,

Can you please let us know what you are altering in the single instance that causes all future recurrent events in that series to not show up. If we can get enough details to reproduce this fault in our labs then we will be able to look into how to fix it.

E.g Are you altering the location, time, subject? Do the events fail to show up on the BlackBerry or on Outlook or both are the change?

I tried a quick test by altering the subject on the BB of the second event in a series and only that event was altered. All events after that one altered appear correct in Outlook and on the BB.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
dover
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:18:48 AM

Typically, I am altering a single event in the series. For example, I have a weekly staff meeting scheduled for 9 a.m. Because of a conflict, I changed one of the meetings to begin at 8:30 a.m. The change appeared on the BB, but the entire series was deleted from Outlook.
jbc247
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2008 11:47:21 AM

I change the notes section within calendar entries in Outlook and the entire appointment fails to show up on my device. Not just the note I added.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 4:20:23 AM

Hi jbc247,

May thanks for reporting this problem. I have successfully reproduced the behaviour you are seeing when altering notes of one event in a recurring series. We will now be looking into this in more detail in attempt to fix the problem. I will update the forum with an update for you when we have one.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
jbc247
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2008 7:17:48 AM

Thank you, I am very interested in purchasing this product once that problem is resolved. I stopped using the product after two days of not having my appointments and now my trial has expired. Please let me know when I can purchase the product or if you can extend my trial.

Thanks,
Jay
olghu
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2008 9:29:49 AM

All,

is it poosible to sync the calendar over the whole time of entries instead of 2 or 4 Weeks in the past?
Maybe this could be a solution for the "recurring events" issue.
As I was on BIS and synced only 2 weeks in the past and this issue happend also. After syncronizing the whole calendar it worked fine.

Cheers
Oliver
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, November 3, 2008 6:17:40 AM

AstraSync 2.0.17 has been released which contains fixes for the problems users have seen with recurring calendar events. Please download the new version and try this out. If you are then still having issues please let us know.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
olghu
Posted: Wednesday, November 5, 2008 12:56:03 PM

Vicky,

I´m alraedy on the latest version. For me it looks like as an issue of time zone converting.
Currently I´ve a problem when I got entries from UK, I´m on german time zone.
2ndly the sublect was lost.

Oliver
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, November 6, 2008 4:29:27 AM

Oliver,

Please can you explain a little more in detail the problem you are seeing with the timezone of events. If possible can you provide us with some recreation steps so that I can try this out in a lab here. For example.
-Created an single (or recurring event) in Outlook (or on the BlackBerry) that is set to use GMT (or GMT+2 etc)
-Sync the event to Outlook or the BlackBerry
-Reading the event appears at the wrong time (e.g one hours too early or too late etc)

Please can you also do the same for the problem with the subject being lost as well.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
olghu
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 8:45:19 AM

Vicky,

the issue comes up for recurring event and not created by myself and when the event came from a different time zone than mine.
Time is not shown currectly and subject disappears as ell as the 15Min. reminder.

For the reminder, it doesnt show up at any time for single or recurring events, but when I look in Outlook(2007) the reminders are still there.

Cheers
Oliver