Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Some Calendar Items Not Syncing Options
LorraineE
Posted: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 9:17:12 AM
Groups: Member

I have just set up the software on my the blackberry. Email and contacts seem to have sync'd fine, however there are several calendar items which did not show up and they are on the exchange server. Any ideas?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:39:36 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Please can you let us know what server you are synchronizing to eg. Exchange 2003 or 2007. What version of AstraSync are you running? For the events that didn't arrive on your phone are these all similar on some way e.g are on the same day, have a specific recurrence pattern etc

If they are all similar can you create a test event the same on the server and get this to sync to your phone? If you can't please let us know some more details about the event and we will try to replicate this problem in our labs.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
LorraineE
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2008 9:57:24 AM

We are syncing with Exchange 2007. The version of AstraSync is the latest we downloaded it last week. The pattern appears to be appointments that are not re-occuring, just 1 time appointments. If we create the appointment on the phone is syncs with the exchange server fine, however if we create the appointment on the exchange server it does not sync with the phone. All of the re-occuring apointments see to come across fine.
tsousan
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2008 6:49:49 PM

I am having the same issue with Exchange 2007 - re-occuring sync and non re-occuring do not.
cmichetti
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 7:49:02 AM

I am syncing Exchange 2003 with Astrasync and I cannot say the same as the above posters but there are several single-instance events that are simply not being syncronized. Any new single-instance events I create get syncronized, but some of the ones I set in Outlook/Exchange prior to installing Astrasync are not being sync'ed.

It does appear that re-occurring (series) events are all there.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 8:34:08 AM

cmichetti, We will be contacting you outside the forum to investigate this issue further.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
Jeff-JDH
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 2:06:42 PM

We are having the same thing with one of our users. The trial version seemed to be working great, but now that we purchased it, some random calendar events are not showing up, it looks like mostly recurring events are not there, none of the upcoming holidays like Christmas and New years are appearing on the phone, but also some random single appointments are not there.
This is an 8830 syncing with Exchange 2007.

ppa_it
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2008 7:57:22 AM

I am having the same problem. We are using Exchange 2003.
Jeff-JDH
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2008 1:00:58 PM

Also found this entry in the event log.
Exception getting changes to PIM collection
Event List Exception details: cr:
Astrasync detected a large number of Event List deletions. Since this is likely an unintended result of removing a BIS account Astrasync will not perform the deletion. Turning Event Listsyncing off and on will re-sync items from the server. Contact support for more assistance.

I dont know how to turn off Listsyncing
Jeff-JDH
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2008 1:11:53 PM

OK, I just went in and turned off calendar syncing and it said it would erase everything off the phone calendar, so I let it do that, went back in, re-added calendar syncing and it looks like everything is synced up now. Will try it for the weekend and let you know.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 4:00:17 AM

ppa_it, we will be contacting you outside the forum to investigate this issue.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com