Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Astrasync with Zimbra ZCS Open Source Options
gellenb
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 11:37:36 AM
Groups: Member

I am trying to sync using AstraSync to a Zimbra ZCS Open Source Server 8.0.3 and unable to get it to work. Before spending a lot of time on this, does anyone know if this is supported. I'm using a BB 9900 with the current AstraSync app loaded, and I've seen notes saying the mobile license is not a part of the Open Source Edition.

The error is as follows:
Server encountered an error: 500 system failure: Extension HTTP handler not found at /zimbrasync

Thanks
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:21:07 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Please see http://www.zimbra.com/products/compare_products.html for reference explaining the difference in ZImbra versions. For AstraSync to work you will need 'activesync'. This is not included in Zimbra's open source version.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
andy222
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 3:51:41 AM

gellenb
Posted: Saturday, January 4, 2014 7:24:04 AM

Ok so I got some time to work with this again. As Andy222 suggested, I setup the ZExtras suite. I've setup the Zextras-Mobile which works somewhat. The problem is that contacts are only syncing one way. Anything done on Zimbra syncs to the blackberry. However, any additions, changes, deletions don't make it back from the blackberry. I see that the Astrasync will create logs, but it only looks like it will send them to Astrasync. I'm looking for any information that will help troubleshoot where this problem is. I'm using Open Source Zimbra 8.0.5,and the current ZExtras & Astrasync syncing to a BB Bold OS 6.
Thanks
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, January 6, 2014 1:45:56 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi Gellenb,

-Please go to Options > Diagnostic Settings with AstraSync and enable diagnostics and save. Tick Use Wifi if you are connecting via this.
-Add a new contact on the device and press Sync Now. Confirm the contact is not on the server.
-Add a new contact on the server and sync. Sync on the BlackBerry. Does this appear?
-Go back to Diagnostics Settings and disable diagnostics and save.

Please then email support@astrasync.com referencing this post with your username and domain from AstraSync so that we can find your logs here to review. Please also let us know the NAMES of your TWO test contacts so that we can find it in the log.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com