Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Inbox not updating with sync Options
scoopiee
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2012 4:46:18 AM
Groups: Member

My inbox is blank. Even when the device says sync completed, nothing updates. I can still compose emails but am receiving nothing back.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2012 5:46:39 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Do you see any emails in your account using webmail? For AstraSync to be able to see the email in the inbox these must reside on the server. If you are using POP and popping all mail down to Outlook on your PC then AstraSync will be unable to see these emails.

If you press menu then Sync Status then Sync Now in AstraSync does it say it is syncing x new emails? Finally please ensure that you are looking in the AstraSync inbox and not your native Blackberry email application inbox on the device as the emails setup in AstraSync will not go to the native app. Sometimes this yields confusion.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
scoopiee
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2012 9:24:19 AM
Groups: Member

The emails are still there in my webmail account, they just don't transfer to Blackberry. It has been working fine for 5 months and now suddenly nothing. When I open astrasync it goes straight to a page that say inbox at the top and the screen is completely blank beneath it. If I click sync now, an arrow flashes in the top right hand corner but the screen doesn't change. If I check sync status it says "last sync was at...., next sync in X minutes" and no, i don't have other emails set up on the Blackberry. I can't think of anything else
I wonder why all of a sudden they are not syncing, can it be restarted?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2012 10:32:43 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Please go to Options > Diagnostic Settings > Enable Diagnostics. Also tick use Wifi if you are connecting in this way at the time you do the testing. Sync again till you get your error in the Sync Status screen and then wait another 5 minutes and press Sync Now again. Please then go and turn diagnostics off.

Please then email support@astrasync.com with your username and domain from AstraSync together with your BlackBerry model and OS. We can then review the logs here and advise further.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com