Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Calendar syncing produces "too many calendar items deleted" Options
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:50:09 AM
Groups: Member

I'm currently on the AstraSync trial to set it up for a client shortly. I'm having problems getting the calendar to sync.

Initially, the calendar wouldn't sync at all - no error message, but no appointments would appear in the calendar. Because I also had contact sync issues (separate post in the Contact Issues forum) I turned off email and contact synchronization. This produced an ArrayIndexOutOfBounds error. No problem - I followed the instructions for resetting the calendar collection. I disabled calendar synchronization as well, rebooted, then re-enabled calendar synchronization.

Now I am getting "a large number of calendar items were deleted" even though the calendar should already be empty. I tried resetting the calendar collection a few more times, always with the same result.

What am I overlooking?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:15:48 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

If resetting the collection here http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=2063 does not remove the calendar error then please check that nothing else is syncing with the calendar as well. For example Facebook http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1763

If you still cannot remove the error then you will need to uninstall and reinstall AstraSync from scratch. If you take this approach I suggest that you first take a backup of the device. If all the contact and calendar data already exists on the server then clear the contact and calendar list on the device, using the desktop manager prior to installing AstraSync so all it then needs to do is sync the data down from the server and not delete anything on the phone as well.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:14:00 AM
Groups: Member

Sounds like a good idea. There is no other data or synchronization; in fact, I had just wiped the Blackberry. Facebook itself came preinstalled on this device, but she does not use it, and there was no service book for it.

Thankfully, because there is no data on the BB yet, I can simply wipe it again and start over.

Update: wiping the BB, reinstalling AstraSync, and then synchronizing *only* the calendar succeeded. Thanks for the tip!