Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

default calendar actions on Torch do not sync Options
mathx
Posted: Friday, August 3, 2012 12:16:49 PM
Groups: Member

Originally when I setup Astra I had a new account which I called 'sizone' (related to the name of the server). Everything worked except any calendar action on the BB, would not sync back to the server (new, change, delete calendar entries did not show up in zimbra).

I read the forums and realised that the calendar name "sizone" was not the default. So I switched options in Astra for calendar to sync "default" calendar instead of "sizone", but same deal. Meetings setup in Zimbra (or deleted) appear (or disappear) from the BB instantly (have push sync on, quite nice, works well). But anything on the BB side -> Zimbra does not work.

Yes I am using astra for 'meeting requests' and not making new calendar entries in the calendar app. Even when I create new meeting requests and add recipients email addresses, those recips don't even get an email invitation. (Tried same recips in Zimbra, they get the invitations just fine).

What should I do to get this working?

Thanks.

mathx
Posted: Friday, August 3, 2012 12:46:21 PM

oh, yes, after switching to default calendar, Astra warned me that it will quit and to reboot the phone, which I did. Entered a new 'meeting request' in Astra, and it shows up in the default calendar, and the meeting request in the astra outbox for that account, but no email was received by the recipient and no calendar entry in Zimbra for the BB user that is syncs with.

Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2012 7:33:53 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

In respects to the meeting requests "Meeting requests unavailable when syncing against ActiveSync 2.5 servers" so I suggest by confirming what version your Zimbra server uses.

If it is not 2.5 then start by trying to add a simple calendar event to your BB. Verify the calendar you add it to in the Calendar App is the same as the calendar set for AstraSync under Options > Calendar Settings. Press Sync Now in AstraSync. Does this then make it to the server?

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
mathx
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2012 9:35:53 PM

zimbra 7.2.0_GA_2669 not sure what version of active sync that is. Cant find on their website/forums either :(

I cant seem to add calendar entries for DEFAULT in the calendar app, it just doenst allow choosing the default calendar, it's greyed out. But doing a meeting request in AstraSync places it in the calendar as a default calendar entry/colour, but doenst show up in zimbra or get emailed out.

Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2012 10:11:45 AM

If AstraSync is set to the default calendar within the calendar settings then before attempting to test out meeting invites I would start by ensuring a simple event can be synced. If you are unable to add a test simple event to the default calendar on your device then this would indicate an issue.

If you can physically add one to the calendar on your BlackBerry then we can gather some logs to see if the calendar event gets an error on the way to the server. To do this:

-Please go to Options > Diagnostic Settings with AstraSync and enable diagnostics and save. Tick Use Wifi if you are connecting via this.
-Add a new event on the device and press Sync Now. Confirm the event is not on the server.
-Go back to Diagnostics Settings and disable diagnostics and save.

Please then email support@astrasync.com referencing this post with your username and domain from AstraSync so that we can find your logs here to review. Please also let us know the subjuect of your test event so that we can find it in the log.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
mathx
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:02:57 PM

having trouble testing this as I need to get a temporary license renewal so i can see if any of this actually works, and develop a working procedure for the dozen or so bberries in the office. requested temporary renewal, no reply.
Anthony Vu
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 3:03:09 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff, Member

Hello mathx,

It looks like our sales reps have responded to you and provided you with the extension. If you are still experiencing problems, please let me know.

Anthony Vu
Astrasync Technical Support
www,astrasync.com
mathx
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:16:26 AM

ok all this is done. i added a regular calendar event to the device to the default calendar, and i added a meeting request to it. the meeting request did send email out, but i see no meetings show up in the zimbra calendar for the user for either request. hopefully you can see from the diagnostics what happened.

actually taking a closer look, it seems that im not able to select the default calendar on the bberry for adding calendars. only the gmail and zimbra ('sizone' account) calendars are available for adding events. However, I did do a meeting request from Astra directly, and
it is set to use the 'default' calendar. email was received externally about the request by the target attendee, but nothing shows up
in zimbra.

ill turn on diagnostics and try adding an event to the zimbra calendar itself after switching Astra to sync with the 'sizone' account zimbra calendar.

did this - tried a meet request via astra - shows up in the sizone calendar on the device when added as a meeting request, and email is received by external parties that are part of the request, but the zimbra calendar on the zimbra interface shows no updates even once REFRESHED. same with adding an event to the sizone calendar from the bb calendar app - doesnt show on zimbra interface. did both of these with diagnostics on as well.

as for adding entries to the DEFAULT calendar of the device from the BB calendar app, I cannot. it seems that that calendar is NOT selectable from the calendar app. only GMAIL, Facebook and sizone (the zimbra one) calendars are available (despite 'options' > 'accounts' under calendar showing 'default' existing and having 1 item)
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:07:12 AM

Without knowing the subject of the test calendar events looking for the log files is not proving very helpful.

-Please go to Options > Diagnostic Settings with AstraSync and enable diagnostics and save. Tick Use Wifi if you are connecting via this.
-Add a new event on the device and press Sync Now. Confirm the event is not on the server.
-Add a new event on the server and sync. Sync on the BlackBerry. Does this appear?
-Go back to Diagnostics Settings and disable diagnostics and save.

Please then email support@astrasync.com referencing this post with your username and domain from AstraSync so that we can find your logs here to review. Please also let us know the SUBJECTS of your TWO test event so that we can find it in the log.

Lets ensure we can get simple events syncing in both directions before we attempt to look at meeting requests.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com