Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Monitor for Blackberry bug Options
chin-hun.yong
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:05:15 AM
Groups: Member

Hi guys,

I just installed Monitor for Blackberry and the profile integration works great! Just one thing. When I receive new email, I can see a notification icon (with the mail count) on top of the home screen and there will be a red asterisk appearing on the AstraSync icon. Assuming I'm not reading anything via the BlackBerry but when I try reading the new email via OWA, AstraSync will sync the status of my new email and will mark it as read in my BlackBerry. This will remove the notification icon on top of the home screen as well but however, the red asterisk on the AstraSync icon still stays. I don't know but I guess the red asterisk should be removed as well considering that all new emails have been read. Am I right? Does anyone else having this same issue?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:45:00 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

I have tried to recreate the behaviour that you describe but have been unable to do so here on a test device.

If you are looking at the home screen and see the red asterick then go and read the new email in OWA the asterisk disappears after opening and closing AstraSync.

If you are looking at the AstraSync inbox once this has synced the read flag from OWA upon exiting the application with th red hang up key I see no asterisk on the icon.

If you try either reopening AstraSync or doing another 'sync now' does this then clear the asterisk for you?

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
chin-hun.yong
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:13:23 AM

Quote:
If you are looking at the home screen and see the red asterick then go and read the new email in OWA the asterisk disappears after opening and closing AstraSync.

Yup, that's what I'm trying to point out. Say there is a new email. I will see an icon with the mail count 1 on top of the home screen and the AstraSync icon will have a red asterisk as well. Once I have read the new email in OWA, the mail count on top of the home screen will disappear and I guess the red asterisk on the AstraSync icon should disappear as well considering that the email has been read and there isn't any new email anymore. Of course, the red asterisk will disappear if I tend to open and close AstraSync but on the native BlackBerry email application, the way it behaves is the same as what I have mentioned. Basically, the red asterisk should disappear as well. What do you think?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:58:49 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

I will report your findings on Monitor to our Engineering team for review. Whether they are able to fix this low priority issue I cannot guarantee however so please use the workaround of opening the application and reading the message counter in the status bar in the meantime to clear the asterisk and be aware of new messages in this particular scenario.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
chin-hun.yong
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 11:33:38 AM

No problem then. Thanks a lot!