Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Native BB calendar and AstraSync Options
ktaha
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:23:11 AM
Groups: Member

I am trialing AstraSync this week. I am just a bit confused about what can I do via the native BlackBerry calendar. My email is hosted on exchange server (mail2web)

I can request a meeting and invite people via the Astra app

However, when I request a meeting via native BlackBerry calendar it does not allow me to invite anybody and also it deos not show on the exchange server so I think it is just a local cpy on the device.

How do I delete a meeting that I have requested? I tried deleting from native BlackBerry calendar but it does that only locally (i.e. it does not delete from the exchange server).

I am basing my decision to buy AstraSync on what it can and cannot do for the Calendar functionality. Any help or poiners are appreciated.

Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:35:11 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

AstraSync will be linked to one calendar on your device. You can determine which this is by looking in the Options > Calendar Settings within AstraSync. Any meeting request you make or cancel via this calendar should be synced to the server.

If you have more than one calendar on the device then you may be mistakenly making changes to the wrong calendar which is why you are not seeing these sync.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
ktaha
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:52:51 AM
Groups: Member

Vicky Cwilewicz wrote:
AstraSync will be linked to one calendar on your device. You can determine which this is by looking in the Options > Calendar Settings within AstraSync. Any meeting request you make or cancel via this calendar should be synced to the server.

If you have more than one calendar on the device then you may be mistakenly making changes to the wrong calendar which is why you are not seeing these sync.

I have only one calendar linked (called default)

1) why when I create a calendar entry in native bb calendar it does not allow me to invite other people? If I do the same thing from Astasync it does allow me to do so.

2) when I create a meeting (either in bb native calendar or Astrasync) it shows up on exchange server and invitee calendar. when I delete it (and I can only do this from BB native app) it only deletes from my exchange server but not from invitee exchange server.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:43:37 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Creating a meeting request requires that an email is sent out so this needs to be done through the AstraSync application as this is where the email is configured.

In order to look at the deletion issue please can you clarify what you meant by delete. Are you marking the meeting as cancelled through the calendar or are you just deleting the whole event? Does cancelling the event work correctly?

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com