Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Contact List Options
Gators2112
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:09:28 AM
Groups: Member

I am having trouble with my contact list/address book being accessible within Astrasync. I have an enterprise account (Outlook), plus I have a personal account (Yahoo) - both with contact lists. All of my contacts are showing on my device (Torch) contact list, but when I try to create an e-mail in Astrasync (enterprise account), none of them are accessible when I type letters in the TO: or CC: lines. If I use my Yahoo account for creating e-mails, they are there. How can I import over the contact list into Astrasync? Thank you in advance!
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 6:05:46 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

The address book lookup feature in AstraSync should get populated when you install and first sync the contact collection.

Under Options > Email Setting please check that you have 'Enable Address Book lookup when composing messages". We wouldn't recommend that you have to accounts syncing with the contact list at the same time so I would also recommend that you disable any syncing Yahoo does with the contacts.

If that still doesn't help then we can try resetting the contact collection. Please ensure that you take a backup of your contacts first as this will delete all these on the phone and replace them with those that are only on the server. Details on how to do this can be found here: http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1064

Please then try to compose a message once more to one of your contacts and let us know how you get on.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
Gators2112
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:08:33 AM
Groups: Member

You are in fact an Astrasync Goddess! Thank you!