Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Cancelled recurring calendar entries not sync'd Options
famusc
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 6:13:38 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,
yesterday I cancelled a recurring entry from my blackberry 9900. I chose to cancel the whole serie.
Today I was notified by another phone of mine of the very same appointment I cancelled yesterday.
So I checked my exchange account and the appointment was still there: it wasn't sync'd.
I tried again with another recurring appointment: I deleted it and then made a manual sync. In effect, Astrasync did not detect any change and so nothing was sync'd.
I then created a new recurring appointment on my blackberry and then deleted it: this time it worked.
Both the not sync'd appointments were not created on my blackberry: they were downloaded on first sync.

Hope you can help,
Andrea Musci

Edit:
Issue is still there with version 4.2.27
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:37:45 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

If you create a test recurring event on the server via Outlook or webmail then sync this to the phone, then delete on the BlackBerry does this work?

Were any of the recurring events that you firstly attempted to delete in a series with an exception. E.g One meeting in the series occurred an hour later one week?

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
famusc
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:10:58 PM

Vicky Cwilewicz wrote:
If you create a test recurring event on the server via Outlook or webmail then sync this to the phone, then delete on the BlackBerry does this work?

Were any of the recurring events that you firstly attempted to delete in a series with an exception. E.g One meeting in the series occurred an hour later one week?

I created a new event via Outlook and I deleted and syncronized it flawlessly. It worked.

None of the events had exceptions.

But I noticed the following thing: the events that are not synchronized are old yearly events, created in 2005.
Could this be the problem? In Astrasync log, I read somehing like "found one event older than 30 days" and then nothing to synchronize.
Is it possible that very old events are skipped?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 11:25:43 PM

You can set how far into the past that AstraSync syncs events to the calendar. Within AstraSync if you go to Options > Calendar Settings you can set 'Synchronise appointments in the last' to a value greater than 30 days/1 month.

Please let us know if this helps.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
famusc
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3:09:56 AM

Vicky Cwilewicz wrote:
You can set how far into the past that AstraSync syncs events to the calendar. Within AstraSync if you go to Options > Calendar Settings you can set 'Synchronise appointments in the last' to a value greater than 30 days/1 month.

Please let us know if this helps.

I already set it to "All": should I try to change it to another value?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:05:55 AM

After setting this to 'all' I suggest that you try resetting the calendar collection as detailed here.

http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1063

Please ensure that you take a backup of your phone first as the calendar items on here will be deleted.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
famusc
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:22:24 PM

I did it but it still doesn't sync recurring deleted calendar entries
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2011 1:15:31 AM

To allow us to investigate this issue further please can you help to gather some logs as follows:

-Follow the details to reset the calendar collection again. Before you turn on calendar again in Sync Settings please enable diagnostics.
-Please go to Options > Diagnostic Settings with AstraSync and enable diagnostics and save. Tick Use Wifi if you are connecting via this.
-Enable the calendar sync again. Wait till all the calendar has synced to the phone
-Delete a meeting that represents your issue on the BlackBerry
-Press Sync Now so that it syncs.
-Check that the event has not been deleted on your server.
-Sync once more.
-Go back to Diagnostics Settings and disable diagnostics and save.

Please then email support@astrasync.com referencing this post with your username and domain from AstraSync so that we can find your logs here to review. Together with the name and date of the event you deleted.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com