Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

forgotten password cant get into my astra sync on blackberry Options
lyndsey.muntane
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 7:27:06 AM
Groups: Member

Hi can someone please help me I seem to be unable to log into my astra sync one day my password worked next it didnt not too sure why? i had to change it on my nhs.net account as it had expired and since then i have been unable to log into astra sync

can someone please help?

Dr Lyndsey muntane
FY1
Royal Free Hospital
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 11:51:34 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

The NHS email server that you are connecting to via AstraSync requires that you create on your device a separate password to access the application. It is not linked to your NHS password. This inactivity password must be used when AstraSync presents to you the lock screen to open the application again. This is purely an additional security measure and pops up when the phone has not been used for a while.

This password you will have been requested to set on the phone during setup.

As you have also changed your NHS email password then this must also be changed in AstraSync. To do this you will need to first enter your inactivity password to enter AstraSync. Once the application is open please then go to Options > Server Configuration in AstraSync and enter your new email password and save. If you then choose Sync Now from the menu you should see all the new emails flow into the inbox.

Please let us know how you get on.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
lyndsey.muntane
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 9:02:05 AM
Groups: Member

Afraid It is the inactivity password which I hve forgotten, how do i resolve this?

Dr Lyndsey muntane
FY1
Royal Free Hospital
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:10:38 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

That password prompt that is prompting you on the screen is actually the Inactivity Security Lock password which you have created during the initial setup of AstraSync. This password is different then your NHS password and is enforced by a policy from your server.

If you do not remember what this password is, then the only way to reset the password is to uninstall and reinstall.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com