Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Connection to cellular network failed. Options
yubo
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:11:27 AM
Groups: Member

I'm currently running with release 4.2.22 on 9700, and i met a problem as below:
1. I can always succeed sync using wifi.
2. When I turn off wiki, it will fail to sync via cellular network, and the sync status report "Connection to cellular network failed. See log for details". The debug log shows "WaitingForNetworkState connection failed: java.io.IOException: Timed out".
3. I tried "Detect Network", and most times it will succeed: TCP/IP success.

Could anyone help me out? Thanks very much!
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:13:57 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

To use the TCP\IP connection you will need to ensure that the APN has been set correctly on your device.

The APN is specific to your phone carrier so you will need to ask them for the correct setting. Depending on your data plan the TCP connection may incur additional charges.

The APN needs to be set under the main BlackBerry Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > TCP IP. Once this is set please then attempt to sync with AstraSync again and let us know how you get on.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
yubo
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:09:58 AM
Groups: Member

Yes, the APN has already been configured properly, i can confirm it by other application. Also, i think the network detection will not succeed if the APN is not set properly.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:32:58 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

The network detection can find a TCP connection even if the APN is not set correctly on the device.

If you set AstraSync to use BIS or BES manually as the connection (Options > Network Settings) are you then able to get AstraSync to sync?

If not please confirm with your carrier what networks you have available to use on the device.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com