Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

syncing meeting invitees Options
alan ford
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:43:13 AM
Groups: Member

last year for a couple of days I had an issue with Astrasync sending meeting invitations every 10 minutes to all meeting invitees for all meetings in 2-3 weeks range.
Finaly I resolved it after talking to Astrasync rep by removing all CICAL entries in service Books.
Yesterday I finally decided to allow syncing of meeting invitees, removed CICAL entries and everything seems fine. My questions are:
1) what are CIACLs, how are they created and does it matter that they have been deleted?
2) will they reappear and if so can that spark meeting hell I've gone through?
3) having the list of invitees is very useful to me but if there's any risk that BBerry can go crazy at some point without me even doing anything please let me know so I can disable it.

Thanks,
AF
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:49:36 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

alan ford wrote:

1) what are CIACLs, how are they created and does it matter that they have been deleted?

CICALs are calendar service books. These are generally created by BIS accounts and are used to link the native calendar and email applications together. These can be deleted without causing any other issues.
alan ford wrote:

2) will they reappear and if so can that spark meeting hell I've gone through?

Unless the service books are resent these should not reappear. Some people however have found that the CICAL books are pushed to the device when they receive an OS update from the phone carrier.
alan ford wrote:

3) having the list of invitees is very useful to me but if there's any risk that BBerry can go crazy at some point without me even doing anything please let me know so I can disable it.

As you have been ok this long it is unlikely that the service books will reappear and then cause you problems once more.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com