Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Disable SYNC questions Options
soportequer
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:23:23 AM
Groups: Member

Hello!

Is there a way so that I can disable all those question first time you open Astrasync after starting your BB?

I don´t want him to ask me if he can contact the server or whatever. Nothing, just sync and no questions.

Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 5:15:51 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

The popups regarding permission to the user data are controlled by the BlackBerry OS and as such there is no way to disable these. They will always reappear after the application is restarted but should not appear afterwards.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
soportequer
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 1:06:21 AM

Ok but the BB OS does not have any kind of setting to disable this security warnings? Anyone?

Hacks, cracks, hidden locations, anything to disable those questions?

Antony Luong
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 7:36:30 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff, Member

Hello,

The only way those security prompts to be removed is for RIM to have our application signed. So far, they have not made the decision to do so.

Regards,

Antony Luong
AstraSync Technical Support
www.astrasync.com
flipphos
Posted: Wednesday, September 7, 2011 6:50:40 AM

Antony Luong wrote:
Hello,

The only way those security prompts to be removed is for RIM to have our application signed. So far, they have not made the decision to do so.

Regards,

Do you have an update on the status of RIM signing this fine program? I want to get rid of these three question boxes as soon as possible.
Thanks.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Friday, September 9, 2011 12:05:25 AM

The status of RIM signing the application has not changed and I would not expect this to change in the near future. Please see http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1174 for further information. The security prompts should only appear a few times on restarting the application. If they are occurring more often than that and causing you issues please let us know.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
piekemat
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 1:54:07 PM

I get prompted every time my Blackberry syncs a new calendar entry. Can this be disabled?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:17:23 AM

There is a known issue on BlackBerry OS 6 devices that can cause a security popup to appear when deleting contacts on the device. You didn't say what model you are using AstraSync on but I presume this may be OS 6.

We are unaware of an issue whereby the popup appears when adding new calendar items. I would suggest that you first try using menu > shutdown and then reopen AstraSync. Ensure you say yes to the two popups here. If after this you still see the same behaviour when adding new calendar events I suggest that you try the steps listed here:

Please ensure that you take a backup before doing this as all calendar events will be cleared from your phone and only those that are on the server will be synced back.

- Go into the Manage Connections icon and turn off all connections. This is very important.
- Go into the Calendar icon > Options > On your keypad, press the keys w i p e (this will bring up a hidden prompt, so please confirm to this)
- Go into AstraSync on the device > Options > Sync Settings > Uncheck Calendar > Save
- Turn off the device and remove the battery for 5 seconds and then reinsert
- When the device boots up, go into Manage Connections and turn on the connections
- Open AstraSync > YES to the prompts > Options > Sync Settings > Reselect Calendar > Save
- Monitor the resyncing process on the Sync Status screen

If this still doesn't help then check that you do not have any other third party applications installed that interact with your calendar. If you do then uninstall these and see if that resolves the issue.

Please let us know how you get on.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com