Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Duplicates after blackberry update Options
revelation2012
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:14:16 PM
Groups: Member

I have an employee who contantly looking for blackberry updates and then updating her phone which in turn is contantly causing issues with the Atrasync Calendar function.

Now she has duplicates of her calendar items and the calendar will not sync. Whe I look at the calendars she now has two of them. One is the regular calendar and another that has a blackberry symbol and the "groups" next to it. If you could please help with this issue. This one user I am fixing this about once a month for her but now I cannot get it to resolve this time.

Thanks.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:37:40 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Firstly please try to remove the duplicate items from the calendar. You may find this tool helpful.
http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=2

Take a backup of the calendar on the phone using the Desktop Manager.

The 'groups' calendar is added by BBM. AstraSync however utilizes the default calendar. Please get the user to check that they still have the default calendar present on the device by going to Options > Device > Advanced Systems Settings > Default Services

If this is not available then they will need to remove BBM to restore the default calendar.

I would then suggest that you try resetting the calendar collection. Please be aware that this will delete all calendar items from the phone so any not on the server will be lost.

http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1063

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com