Torch: Calendar sync one-way Options
eric2905
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:47:59 AM
Groups: Member

Hello together,

Torch with OS 6.0.0.337
Astrasync 4.2.18

I have the following problem:

- First, I'm member of an BBM-group. All calendar item were synced to the BBM groups calendar (more than 300 items) Brick wall - own fault ....
- After deinstalling the BBM, I still have the calendar "groups"
- I have no CICAL service books, because I haven't configured a mailbox / calendar in BIS
- Installing Astrasync again (with no BBM installed) and configured, that AS should sync the default calendar
- All calendar-items modified / creates / deleted in outlook / exchange were sync perfectly to my Torch
- All calendar-items modified / creates / deleted on my Torch were created in the groups-calendar and not synced with exchange
- In options -> default services is nothing - no calendar to set as default

Any ideas how I can configure my Torch and Astrasync, that I only work with the default calendar (sync in both directions) and/or how I can "delete" that calendar groups (BBM is not installed!).

Thanks for your help,
Eric

AstraSync 4.2.18
Blackberry Torch - OS v6.0.0.337
Hosted Exchange 2007
eric2905
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 3:06:47 AM

So, I've been testing a little bit:

- Full wipe of BB and install OS again without BBM
- Install monitor4bb
- Install Astrasync
Everything works fine as it should

This evening at home, I'll install BBM and then I will see, what will happen.

If these test fails, I'll wipe my BB again and reinstall OS without BBM. I can live without it.

Greetings from Germany,
Eric

AstraSync 4.2.18
Hosted Exchange 2007
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 5:58:34 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Thanks for the update Eric. Please let us know how you get on or if you need further help.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
eric2905
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 9:54:19 AM

Update:
- BBM is installed
- in the calendar options is "default" removed and replaced by "groups"
- Astrasync is stil configured to calendar "default"
- Calendar items added via outlook are synced
- Calendar items added on the BB are placed in the calendar "groups" and not synced by Astrasync
- Switching the calendar to the "default" helps not. New item are not added to the calendar - nothing happens

I have no idea, how I can get out of this. Only a new wipe and OS installation without BBM seems to be the solution.

Or do you have any idea?

Greetings,
Eric

AstraSync 4.2.18
Hosted Exchange 2007
Antony Luong
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:16:16 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff, Member

Hello Eric,

The Groups calendar was implemented on the newer versions of BBM which causes conflicts with AstraSync. There is currently no fix to this issue since this is more of the BBM client rather than AstraSync. The only workaround we know of is to either do a handheld wipe with OS re-installation without the BBM (which you did), or see if you can find the previous versions of BBM which does not contain the Groups calendar.

Regards,

Antony Luong
AstraSync Technical Support
www.astrasync.com
Amit.Patel
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 5:42:27 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi Eric

Just a couple of questions on this issue. When you have BBM/groups installed, if you go into AstraSync and look under Menu > Options > Calendar Settings, what options do you have under where it says "Please select which device calendar you would like AstraSync to synchronize?

When you install AstraSync, it will select 'default' for you. This then translates to whatever calendar the device thinks is default (as set under Options > Device > Advanced Systems Settings > Default Services). If AstraSync can 'see' other calendars then you should see the option here. I suspect however in your case since you have no BIS account, when you install BBM groups it may become the default. This may be part of the problem but needed you to confirm.

Also if you still have the setup with BBM groups, if you create a new event on the BB, if you look at the top where it says 'Send using', what is selected there and is there a drop down available with additional options?

Best Regards

Amit Patel
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
eric2905
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 6:31:18 AM

Hi,

in Astrasync (with BBM installed) I see "default" and "groups".

At Options > Device > Advanced Systems Settings > Default Services I see (after installing BBM) only "groups".
Before installing BBM there is only "default" and after installing BBM there is only "groups".

The system-default-calendar is, with installed BBM, "groups". In Astrasync I can choose "groups" or "default" (which is "groups").

So with installed BBM I have no chance to choose an other calendar then "groups".

Now I have installed (with wipe) my Torch without BBM and now it works fine.

I've even tested to install BBM after I have configured Astrasync - with the same result .....

Greetings from Germany,
Eric

AstraSync 4.2.18
Hosted Exchange 2007
eric2905
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 6:32:20 AM

Hi,

in Astrasync (with BBM installed) I see "default" and "groups".

At Options > Device > Advanced Systems Settings > Default Services I see (after installing BBM) only "groups".
Before installing BBM there is only "default" and after installing BBM there is only "groups".

The system-default-calendar is, with installed BBM, "groups". In Astrasync I can choose "groups" or "default" (which is "groups").

So with installed BBM I have no chance to choose an other calendar then "groups".

Now I have installed (with wipe) my Torch without BBM and now it works fine.

I've even tested to install BBM after I have configured Astrasync - with the same result .....

Greetings from Germany,
Eric

AstraSync 4.2.18
Hosted Exchange 2007
eric2905
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2011 8:37:16 PM

Hello,

do you have anything new for me?
I still can't use the BBM, or I have trouble with my calendar.

Greetings,
Eric

AstraSync 4.2.18
Hosted Exchange 2007
Antony Luong
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2011 7:47:26 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff, Member

Hello Eric,

The new BBM versions all include 'Groups' which causes issues with syncing the Calendar. I read on different postings online from BlackBerry forums that this is a huge problem for people who syncs with multiple Calendars (even if not using AstraSync).

The suggestions found on the net to work around the issue is to search for a previous release of BBM that does not include the Groups feature and install it.

Regards,

Antony Luong
AstraSync Technical Support
www.astrasync.com