Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Latest Astrasync with Kerio Connect 7.1.3 Options
paraprod
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 3:55:34 AM
Groups: Member

Hi there,

I am having an issue with a client that is using a BlackBerry Bold with the latest version of Astrasync connecting to Kerio Mail Server v7.1.3.

I have TCP ports 443 open. Do I need any more ports open for Astrasync to do it's thing? She is on the Vodafone UK network but based in Dubai and when she roams, the device just stops syncing. She says that the data roaming is set up correctly and when she comes back to Dubai, it starts syncing again.

I was thinking that maybe certain countries may block port 443 or perhaps I've not got another port open that I need.

Any pointers would be gratefully received!

Thanks,

Andy
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, January 4, 2011 7:14:05 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

AstraSync when setup to connect to a server using SSL will only be using the port 443 so you shouldn't need to open any others.

I suspect the problem here is connected to the network settings instead. When the user is roaming are they able to use the web browser on the device to view other websites? Is the problem mostly when the user comes back to the UK trying to use Vodaphone?

What have they got the network set to use under Options > Network Settings in AstraSync?

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com