Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Not syncing all appts when first installed Options
rwickberg
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 11:57:17 AM
Groups: Member

I downloaded and installed the latest version of astrasync on a Curve. I've done this for two other Blackberries in the past, one a curve, one a storm, both worked fine, though that was AS version 4.0, this is 4.1. Only a handful of the dozens of appts on this Blackberry have synced to the user's calendar in First Class. I tried syncing contacts, and only a hundred of the 390 or so contacts in the BB came over. Then I was getting java errors, and ended up uninstalling it and reinstalling it so I could try calendar entries, as those are really a higher priority. How do I resolve this?

Also, is there any way to easily download an old version, as 4.0 has worked so well for me in the past?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:28:56 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

It may be that there is a particular appointment within the calendar that is causing this issue rather than the new version.

We would like to see if we can rectify your problems running the new version first so that you can benefit from all the improvements made rather than having to revert to an older version.

If you now try to sync the calendar after reinstalling what are the errors you are seeing? How many events are not syncing from the BlackBerry to the FirstClass calendar? How many events and contacts are you trying to sync?

If you can help gather some logs this would be useful:
Go to Options > Diagnostic Settings > Enable Diagnostics and save.

Please ensure that your most current information on the server and device is backed up

Go to Options > Sync Settings and deselect calendar and contact collections.

Deselecting all currently syncing collections should re-initialise the sync relationship between the device and the server. After this has completed, re-enable the two collections. You will then be asked whether you wish to keep device items or delete these. AstraSync cannot detect duplicates so depending on whether the data is just on the phone or just on the server choose the appropriate option. It will then sync the data once more.

Once it has finished you can then go and disable diagnostics. Please let us know what managed to sync. Please then email into support@astrasync.com referencing this forum post your username and domain from AstraSync so that we can locate your log file together with you BlackBerry model and OS.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
rwickberg
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 9:58:42 AM

Well, to answer the first questions, it doesn't give me an error, nor is there anything in the debug log that suggests the sync failed. It just doesn't sync stuff. Before installing astrasync, the user was using the blackberry desktop manager to sync with outlook on her secretary's desktop machine (storing the appts in a pst file, we don't have an exchange server). What it looks like is that any appt on the blackberry that had been synced to outlook is being ignored by astrasync.

How many events, how many contacts? hundreds. I haven't counted. There are multiple appts each day, and 300+ contacts. Only a literal handful have successfully synced.

When I go to sync settings and uncheck calendar and hit save, a message entitled confirm save pops up. After a long winded explanation, it offers two choices: delete device items, and cancel save. Obviously I can't let it do the former until all items have successfully synced, or they're gone forever. Cancel save leaves us back where we started. So I can't really follow any of these instructions.

I could, because I've done it several times already, uninstall and then reinstall astrasync. Then I could turn the debug on before doing the sync the first time.
rwickberg
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:23:03 AM

SO, I uninstalled Astrasync, redownloaded it, put in all the setup parameters again. I keep getting an error message saying I'm attempting to open a secure connection, but I didn't check the use SSL box when I set up the sync parameters. I tell it to close connection, the same box keepd popping up , but I tell it to ignore it. Eventually it stops doing that. I try a manual sync. I get "ew:Response:Bad REquest.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:21:37 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Go to Options > Server Configuration and double check that Use SSL is unchecked. If so what is the server or URL given in this popup that AstraSync is trying to connect to?

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com