Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

calendar sync problems Options
ytshaka
Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 6:45:49 AM
Groups: Member

I've been having multiple problems trying to get AstraSync to work (still on trial). I am only synchronizing calendar and here are the two main issues:

1. Repeat appointments that are not set date (for example Thanksgiving on the 4th Thursday of November). These sync wrong (appear on BB on the wrong date) and then later syncs give an "invalid timezone" java error. This happens even if I completely clear out the BB calendar prior to sync.

2. I need to have older appointments on my device. Originally I tried adding those through the synchronized account, but that resulted in extremely long "Looking for client changes on every sync (more than 1/2 hour). I now tried to resolve this by putting all the old data in through a second calendar account. This seemed to work initially, but when the device powered on this morning it takes forever to check for client changes (currently at 4.5 hours) the debug log shows repeated entries as follows:
Exception getting changes to PIM list Event List. Exception Details: javax.microedition.rms.InvalidRecordIDException: EventStore #388

Device: AT&T curve 8310, OS 4.5.
Server: Exchange 2007

Code:
<HR>

BB Bold V4.6
Exchange 2007
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 10:36:08 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

1) I tried to reproduce the problem with event that occurs on the first Thursday of each month and these appeared correctly in the BlackBerry. If you go to Menu > About in AstraSync what version does it report you are running? Was the event that you don't see created in OWA or on the BlackBerry phone? Are you synchronizing to an Exchange 2003, 2007 or Kerio server?

2)Under Menu > Option > Calendar Settings you can choose to extend the default setting so that all events in the last month are synchronized. Will this option cover your requirements or are you needing all events that have ever existed on your calendar to be synchronized?

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
ytshaka
Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 12:47:01 PM

I am using AstraSync V2.0.17
Device: AT&T curve 8310, OS 4.5.
Server: Exchange 2007

For the recurring appointment, it was created in outlook 2003 connected to the server. I had problems with imported holidays so I removed them and then manually added an entry. The blackberry entry would show up on the correct day of the week but wrong week of the month.

For older appointments, I don't need the synchronization feature, I just need the option to keep them on the device. I would like to have access to older appointments beyond the 1 month period. The initial synchronization worked fine, it is only on the next day that the problem surfaced (BB turned off and on as part of power save settings)

Code:
<HR>

BB Bold V4.6
Exchange 2007
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, December 4, 2008 5:15:15 AM

Please can you try upgrading to the latest beta release of AstraSync as we would be interested to know if you see this problem with the new version installed. Are you then able to recreate the behaviour by creating a test appointment in Outlook and syncing to your BlackBerry?

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
ytshaka
Posted: Thursday, December 4, 2008 1:01:56 PM

I upgraded to v2.1.12 and it seems to have resolved the client problems. It also uploaded all the older entries from the blackberry to the server (even though they are from a different account). This is fine (I just need to remove some duplicates).

For the recurring appointment, the problem is still there. I recreated the situation in both directions:
1. In Outlook generated "Thanksgiving" Occurs the fourth Thursday of November effective 11/24/2005.
2. Sync
3. In BB I get 2009 entry on Sat, Nov 14, 2009
4. BB entry details:
start Thu, Nov 24, 2005
end Thu, Nov 24, 2005
Time Zone Eastern (-5) * same as my computer
Recurrence Yearly
relative date checked
End never
Occurs every year on the fourth Thu in Nov.

5. In BB create test entry for first friday in december 14:00 - 15:00
6. Sync
7. In outlook the entry comes in as first friday every November 14:00-15:00
8. delete test entry in Outlook
9. Sync
10. Entry deleted in BB

I never had problems synchronizing through desktop connection

Code:
<HR>

BB Bold V4.6
Exchange 2007
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Friday, December 5, 2008 4:28:51 AM

We will be contacting you via email to help resolve this issue.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com