Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

duplicating yahoo calendar Options
dkeys23
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:31:58 PM
Groups: Member

I have set the astrasync up to sync my Outlook on my work's email (non yahoo). It works just fine. However, it is synching to 2 calendars now. The default (what I am assuming is my work), and my yahoo email address calendar. I am not certain why it is associating anything with my yahoo account. I have never configured it for that, nor have I ever entered my yahoo address into the astrasync account.

If this can't be resolved, if it will at least allow me to select the work calendar to be viewed normally, and the yahoo (might be good once yahoo lets calendar sync) required to be selected in options to be viewed. As far as I can see right now, I can't lock astra sync into viewing one of the calendars or the other.

dkeys23
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:34:00 PM

I should note that in the calendar settings, there is only the default calendar listed. There isn't even an option for the yahoo calendar.

Also should note that I don't even use a yahoo calendar, and when I go to yahoo.com and check the calendar, it is empty. For some reason AstraSync appears to be duplicating my calendar twice. This means I get 2 notices for every meeting.
Antony Luong
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:37:11 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff, Member

Hello,

What version of AstraSync are you currently running on and what BlackBerry device do you have?

Regards,

Antony Luong
AstraSync Technical Support
www.astrasync.com
dkeys23
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:20:23 PM

I am running AstraSync v4.1.19 and running on a Blackberry Curve 8530 with OS v5.0.0.654
Antony Luong
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:24:20 PM

Hello,

Please follow these steps very carefully:

1. Verify that all of your Calendar events are backed up on the server. If not, then you need to do this first before proceeding since the method requires you to wipe the Calendar on the device.

2. Open the 'Manage Connection' icon on the home screen and disable ALL network connections on the device.

3. Open the Calendar icon on the device and perform the following:

- Open the Calendar icon on the home screen
- Press the MENU button > Options
- On the keypad, press the following letters: R S E T
- Confirm to the removal

4. Go into AstraSync > Options > Sync Settings > Disable the Calendar sync > Save > Delete Device Items.

5. Locate the BlackBerry Options icon on the home screen > Advanced Options > Service Book > Locate any email addresses or Facebook files with a [CICAL] tag next to it and delete them by highlighting it > menu button > Delete. Make sure you DO NOT delete the ones with the [CMIME] tag. When you go back into the Calendar icon on the home screen > Options, it should only say 'Device Default' under 'Calendar'

6. Turn off your device and remove the battery. Leave the battery out for about 5 seconds and then reinsert the battery. Your device will reboot itself now, so wait until it fully boots up.

7. Head back into 'Manage Connections' and re-enable the network.

8. Launch AstraSync > Say YES the prompts > Options > Sync Settings.

9. Re-enable the Calendar sync > Save. If AstraSync prompts you about 'Existing Items' then choose 'Delete Device Items.' If not, then that's fine.

10. Monitor the resyncing process in Sync Status.

Please let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Antony Luong
www.astrasync.com
dkeys23
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:57:54 PM

Ater disabling the connections, I enter the Calendar Menu and select options. When I type RSET, I get a message that says "There are no OTA Enabled calendars to reset". Thus I can not proceed any further.

Antony Luong
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 7:56:47 AM

Hello,

Try W I P E instead of R S E T. Does any prompt appear?

Antony Luong
www.astrasync.com
dkeys23
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 1:21:09 PM

That worked. Thank you very much.