Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

can't sync anything but new items on calendar Options
teacherlady79
Posted: Thursday, September 2, 2010 12:14:08 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,
My BB Pearl 8130 (using astrasync v3.0.18) kept freezing up on "waiting to sync," so I reset the calendar collection.

Now, it will sync any new items with my FirstClass calendar--whether put in the BB or directly into FC--but won't sync existing future items back onto the BB (they were on there before I reset the calendar collection). I saw an earlier thread that suggested editing one an existing appointment (by changing a letter in the title, etc.) in FC to see if it would sync it onto my BB, and it did.

Now, how do I get all the other existing FC items back onto my BB calendar without editing every single one of them?

Thanks,
Natalie
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Friday, September 3, 2010 4:26:04 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello Natalie,

Resetting the calendar collection should have wiped all the events from your device when you disabled it then downloaded all the existing events from the server to replace them when you re-enabled it.

However it seems that in your case this did not occur, so the server thinks that the device already has all the existing events.

Please ensure that your most current information is on the server or otherwise backed up.

Go to Options > Sync Settings and deselect all your currently syncing collections.
Ensure that the collections have completely cleared, this can be checked on the sync status screen.
Then go to the device's calendar and check the events have been deleted.

Deselecting all currently syncing collections should re-initialise the sync relationship between the device and the server.

After this has completed, re-enable the calendar collection.

This should then download all the existing events from the server.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thank you,

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
teacherlady79
Posted: Friday, September 3, 2010 8:49:01 AM
Groups: Member

Hi Ranald,

I reset the collection, made sure everything was deleted, then re-enabled the calendar syncing. The device indicated that it had synced the calendar, but when I checked, there was nothing on my device calendar.

I then added something new to my server calendar, and it showed up on my device calendar. Still not loading existing items onto device calendar. :(

Natalie
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Sunday, September 5, 2010 11:57:56 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

To help us see why the calendar is not working correctly please can you go to Options > Diagnostic Settings > Enable Diagnostics to create some logs.

Please ensure that your most current information is on the server or otherwise backed up.

Go to Options > Sync Settings and deselect all your currently syncing collections. Ensure that the collections have completely cleared, this can be checked on the sync status screen. Then go to the device's calendar and check the events have been deleted.

Deselecting all currently syncing collections should re-initialise the sync relationship between the device and the server. After this has completed, re-enable the calendar collection. This should then download all the existing events from the server.

Once it has finished you can then go and disable diagnostics. Have a look in your calendar on the device and let us know if it now contains any events. Please then email into support@astrasync.com referencing this forum post your username and domain from AstraSync so that we can locate your log file together with you BlackBerry model and OS.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com