Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Duplicating appointments in Calendar Options
KarisK
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 8:17:20 AM
Groups: Member

Hi -
For some reason my appointments are being duplicated in my calendar.
Here are the steps that I took...
Astrasync wasn't able to re-sync my calendar because it detected a large number of deletions. I turned off the calendar sync so it would delete all of my current appointments on the calendar. As it was deleting the appointments it said something about removing Facebook appointments from the calendar (per Astrasync instructions I turned this off in my FB app). Once this was completed, I rebooted the BB.

I resynced the calendar and when I went in to my appointments I noticed that it had duplicaed all of my appointments. After doing this a couple of times I then realized it wasn't deleting my appointments off the calendar.

Can you offer any solutions? I just need to get the original appointments off my calendar (they were originally brought in by Astrasync) so I can re-sync my calendar.
Thanks!
Antony Luong
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 11:06:05 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff, Member

Hello,

Go into the BlackBerry Options on the home screen > Advanced Options > Servcie Books > Search for any email addresses or Facebook files with a 'CICAL' tag next to it and delete it. Make sure you ONLY remove the CICAL files and not the CMIME.

Once done, go back into AstraSync to deselect the Calendar. Then verify if the Calendar is empty or not on the device. If not, then go into the Options menu in the Calendar icon and type in the letters: w i p e (a prompt should come up, so you need to confirm to it). However, this will only work if you have a Storm, Bold, or a device running on 5.0 OS. If you don't, then use the Desktop Manager to clear the Calendar (be sure that Calendar is still unabled in AstraSync).

Once the Calendar is emptied out on the device, do a full reboot where you pull the battery > Open AstraSync > Say YES to the prompts > Reselect the calendar sync.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Antony Luong
AstraSync Technical Support
www.astrasync.com
KarisK
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 11:33:55 AM
Groups: Member

That worked...thanks!!
Karis
Joeyyy
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 2:36:24 AM