Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Error: cr: Unexpected error syncing new item '1:1788' for Calendar Options
revelation2012
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 9:16:25 AM
Groups: Member

I have again with the same user now having an issue with the calendar. For life of me I do not understand why this user is continually having issues with AstaSync. I suspec this error is due to an item that was modifed and now will not sync with the server:

Error: cr: Unexpected error syncing new item '1:1788' for Calendar

I have attampted to remove the calendar syncing but I get a little ways and then I get an error and it stops. It goes to gathering items and gets to about 200+ items that arwe being removed formt he device and then the following message comes up:

ERROR An error occured deleting items: PIMItem not found.

So at this point it will not even remove the items from the calendar.
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 9:58:31 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello revelation2012,

Please follow the directions in this post to resolve this issue: http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1837

Thank you,

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
revelation2012
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 10:45:54 AM

Thank you Ronald. That link fixed the issue.
vanessa.shand
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:46:40 AM

I am getting the same error message as above. i have followed the steps you suggest (on many occassions) and it is now getting very tiring. Especially this week when i am on call and my mobile should not be swithched off at all! I also find that my Face Book CICAL keeps appearing on my BlackBerry Storm 2, and I keep deleting it but to no avail.
Please can you advise what I should do now as I am getting very frustrated!!!!
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 10:24:10 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

To completely remove the Facebook calendar please try turning off the calendar within the application and then delete the CICAL service book as described here: http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1763

Once that has been done to look into the error message we can gather some logs from your device as follows: Go to Options > Diagnostic Settings > Enable Diagnostics. Sync again till you get your error and then wait another 5 minutes. Please then go and turn diagnostics off.

Please then email support@astrasync.com referencing this post with your username and domain from AstraSync together with your BlackBerry model and OS.

It is possible that the Facebook application is interfering with your calendar and as such is causing the error so you may find that its best to do the logs after fixing your calendar as you previously had been doing as this may resolve the problem for good.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com