Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Calendar Sync Error Options
georgaco
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 12:22:52 PM
Groups: Member

Every 2-3 weeks I recieve this error. They only way to fix it each time is to de-select calendar synching (which deletes all calendar events) and re-synching it again. This fixes the problem each time but it is getting pretty annoying. I have not made any changes to my phone or any email accounts attached to my phone, nor do i have any other calendars connected to my phone. I'm not sure why i am getting this.

The error reads as follows:

Error:
cr: AstraSync detected a large number of calendar deletions. Since this is likely an unintended result of removing a BIS account AstraSync will not perform the deletion. Turning calendar syncing off and on will re-sync items from the server. Contact support for more assistance.

I am running AstrasSync 4.1.9 with BB OS 5.0.0.328

Thanks

Anthony Vu
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 3:41:46 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff, Member

Hello Georgaco,

What type of server does your company run (exchange, firstclass, scalix). Also, under the options of the calendar, do you only see device default as the listed calendar or are there more than one?

Anthony Vu
Astrasync Technical Support
www,astrasync.com
georgaco
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 7:18:08 AM

I am syncing with an exchange server. Under options, there are multiple options. There is device default as well as 3 other options for my personal email addresses. I have it set to sync with my AOL email calendar. I don't use the calendar functions of my personal email addesses so selected my AOL email.

Should it be on device default?
Anthony Vu
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 3:14:03 PM

Hello Georgaco,

It depends on how many calendars you are syncing. If you're syncing multiple calendars, there's the possibility of the two calendars conflicting. What I would suggest you do is change it to the device default. Please follow these steps.

1. Uncheck the calendar box under Sync Settings. Plress save and let it delete your calendar items.
2. Go to calendar settings and change the calendar to device default. Save.
3. Go back to Sync Settings and turn the calendar sync back on.

This should take care of the problem you are having.

Another thing you can also do if you're not using any of your calendars except for the one from AstraSync, you could also delete the CICAL service books. Let me know if the first method doesn't work and I could show you what procedure to follow next.

Anthony Vu
Astrasync Technical Support
www,astrasync.com
Antony Luong
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2010 1:21:53 PM

Hello georgaco,

Were you able to get the issue resolved per instructions provided by Anthony Vu? Please provide us with an update.

Thanks,

Antony Luong
AstraSync Technical Support
www.astrasync.com
georgaco
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 6:01:28 AM

I set it to Device Default for the calendar and this morning I got that error message again. I do not sync with any other calendars.

Please provide further directions.

Thanks
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 10:17:21 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

To remove the CICAL service books of unwanted calendars

1.From the device Home screen, select Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.
2.Scroll through to locate any item that ends with [CICAL] (there may be more than one) and delete them.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
georgaco
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:05:31 AM

I deleted the appropriate service books. I went into AstraSync under Sync Settings to remove the calendar sync so I can add it again and start fresh and it would not complete deleting all my calendar items. Below is the error I got.

ERROR

An error occurred deleting items: PIMItem not found.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:27:14 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Please see the following post to help resolve this error http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1837

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com