Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Incorrect sync of recurring appointment Options
pauljw
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 7:07:17 AM
Groups: Member

I have had this issue with other versions as well - I am currently running 4.0.29 on a BlackBerry bold with OS 5.0.0.464.

This may be a BB bug as opposed to AstraSync. I have a recurring appointment on the 3rd Monday of each month. It displays correctly on Exchange/Outlook as well as Airset (an online calender that Exchange is synced with as well.) On the BB some of the meetings show up on the wrong dates. Interestingly, when I open the series (on the BB), it still has the right recurrence pattern (it states that it is on the 3rd Monday of each month, even though this particular occurrence is displayed on a Saturday.) Compounding this problem may be the fact that there are exceptions to the recurrence (a few individual meetings have been canceled or re-scheduled to different Mondays.) I think somehow the exceptions are messing up the rule.

Please let me know if I can provided any further information that would help with this issue.

Paul
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:21:39 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi Paul,

Please take a look at the following post: http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=590

Basically this type of event cannot be handled by the device and as such this is why you are seeing these on the wrong dates. As this problem is due to the BlackBerry devices unfortunately there is not anything within AstraSync we can do.

Regards,

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com