Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Reminder is missing on sync'd appointments Options
terryb3582
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 10:09:11 AM
Groups: Member

Greetings:

When creating appointments with reminders in Outlook, the reminder does not sync with the appointment. I see the appointment show up on the BB, but the reminder shows "none" even though there is a reminder set in Outlook and I have a default set @ 15min. The reminder remains set on the Outlook side but not on the BB side.

The same issue occurs with appointments that are created on the BB. They trigger fine on the BB, but looking at the appointment in Outlook, and it shows no reminder.

Is there a setting to get the reminder portion of an appointment to sync?

BB Curve V4.5.0.77
AstraSync V 4.0.29
Outlook 2007
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 5:07:10 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello terryb3582,

The Reminder is part of the event, if it is present then AstraSync should sync it.

It is possible that your server is failing to send the reminder element.

Before we investigate further please try creating an appointment in Outlook Web Access (OWA) rather than in Outlook, and sync this to the device.

If this behaves correctly, then we will know that the problem is somewhere between Outlook and the Server rather than between the Server and AstraSync, and should be taken up with your Server Administrator.

If you still see the same behaviour using OWA, I will have AstraSync Support contact you directly in order to investigate further.

Thank you,

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support