Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Can't select which Calendar to sync with Options
davan
Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:00:47 AM
Groups: Member

On my blackberry 9530 running OS 5.0.0.419

I have two available Calendars. BBGroups and my Gmail BIS account. My Gmail BIS Calendar is the device default.

When I set up Astrasync, it defaulted to sync with the BBGroups calendar. I would like to sync my BIS calendar instead.

I go into Astrasync Options, and choose Calendar Settings.
At the bottom, under Please select which device Calendar you would like Astrasync to synconize...." it says Groups.
I can pull the select box down and choose Default, Groups, or my Gmail account.
No matter what I pick, when I save and go back in, its still selected Groups.
It says after changing this option that Astrasync will restart, but it doesn't. I've even tried manually shutting down Astrasync after changing the option, but when I re-open it and go back in, sure enough it is back to Groups.

How do I change this thing??

Antony Luong
Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:08:51 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff, Member

Hello,
If you go into the BlackBerry Options on the home screen of the device > Advanced Options > Service Books > You will see files called 'CICALs.' If you want to sync directly into the device default, then you need to remove ALL CICAL files and then do a full reboot of the device where you pull the battery. To delete them, highlight the file, press the MENU button, delete. Once done, re-open AstraSync, say YES to the prompts, and then try syncing your Calendars again.

Antony Luong
AstraSync Technical Support
www.astrasync.com
davan
Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:29:36 AM

I have tried that. The only CICAL on my device was associated with my Gmail BIS account. I deleted it. Pulled the battery.

When the phone booted back up, I opened Astrasync, said Yes/Allow to all the warnings. Went back in Calendar settings and it is still set to Groups. I changed it once again from Groups to Gmail, saved, then shutdown Astrasync. Re-launched Astrasync, back into Calendar settings and it's still set to Groups!
Antony Luong
Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2010 2:32:41 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff, Member

Hello,

Did you double check in Service Books that there are no more CICALs laying around? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling AstraSync?

Antony Luong
AstraSync Technical Support
www.astrasync.com
davan
Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2010 2:38:19 PM

I'm certain there are no other CICALs on my phone.

I took reinstalling one step further - I wiped the entire phone clean, reinstaled OS 5.0.0.419, then reinstalled Astrasync. No change in behaviour.
davan
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 12:25:18 PM

I have now uninstalled Astrasync 4.0 and installed the 4.1.6 beta. Still the same issue.

This is important to get resolved, as every time I get a Calendar invite from work, I get prompted to share it with Blackberry Messenger Groups.
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 6:52:16 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello Davan,

It seems that this is a problem with the implementation of the BlackBerry Messenger Group Calendar.

There are several reports of this, including these two posts that offer suggestions on how to remedy this:

http://www.calebhunt.com/?p=287
http://www.google.co.uk/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=76ebcf7d8c8faa39&hl=en

Other users have escalated this issue to RIM, on the BlackBerry Support forum:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve-BlackBerry-8900/BBM-Group-Calendar/m-p/417734
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-Smartphone/Blackberry-Messenger-has-killed-my-calendar-sync-with-Outlook/m-p/365967

Unfortunately, ultimately it will be a case of waiting for RIM to patch this.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
davan
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:20:33 AM

Thanks for the information, Ranald. Based on information in those links, I think I have a working solution. Here is what I did:

1. Turned off Calendar Sync in Astrasync
2. Used Desktop Manager to completely wipe all Calendar entries from the phone
3. Uninstalled Blackberry Messenger
4. Rebooted the phone
5. Verified that my BIS account is the only Calendar left in the device, and is the default Calendar in Options
6. Turned Calendar Sync back on in Astrasync and made sure it's set to sync with my BIS account
7. Verify Astrasync is now correctly syncing with my BIS account
8. Re-installed Blackberry Messenger and restored contacts and groups
9. Rebooted the phone again
10. Verify Astrasync is still syncing with BIS and not the BB Messenger Calendar

So far so good. I hope this information can help out some others. Thanks again, Ranald.