Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

appointments deleted out of Outlook Calendar Options
mdepedro
Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 1:32:02 PM
Groups: Member

appointments that were in outlook - recurring and non recurring - disappeared.
They still show on my BB but are no longer in outlook. I beleive that all appointments were created in outlook.
Has anyone seen this and how do I fix? Don't want to blank out BB then I'll loose all appointments , n/g
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Friday, March 5, 2010 4:50:31 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello mdepedro,

This is not something that we have come across before. For various technical reasons alterations made to events on the device that have attendees are not synced to the server. However all changes that are made on the server should be synced to AstraSync. If an event is deleted on the server, I would expect AstraSync to sync that deletion to the device.

What version of AstraSync are you currently running?

Does the debug log or the Sync Status screen show any errors either relating to these events or when you perform a sync?

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
mdepedro
Posted: Monday, March 8, 2010 6:48:31 AM
Groups: Member

Under calendar options I see it says - meeting attendees are not synchronized. What exactly does thsi mean - if someone invited them to a meeting then it doesn't show up in calendar?
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Monday, March 8, 2010 9:14:10 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello mdepedro,

This setting means that if you have meetings with attendees the meeting will show up in your device calendar, but the attendees will not be listed.

The attendees are still present, just not displayed on the device.

Furthermore, due to the limitations of the device, any changes that are made to an event with attendees on the device, will not be synced to the server, as this can lead to data corruption. However any changes that are made server-side, for example, if the meeting is moved, this change will be synced to the device.

We advise that this option be kept off, as enabling meeting attendee syncing can cause invitations to be sent out erroneously if the device has a BIS account present.

Please see this post for more details:

http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1631

Thank you,

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support